Lt. Commander
# 91
12-12-2011, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
The real problem here is Cryptic wants to push it as much as possible to get people buying their lame winter packages. If someone has the time and inclination to make 100 alts to get presents from the race who cares? The odds are virtually impossible to even get a Red package from the race let along a ship from the red one.

This is just more ferengi behavior from Cryptic.
This and I totally agree on the Zynga behavior. I get that they are trying to start the process on how to ensure the game stays profitable with the switch to free to play(with all those thinking of cancelling their month subs), but starting with this event? There was already plenty of great recommendations in this thread such as 30 day old character or characters with 1 day life on it.

So disappointing.

Btw, I had NO idea there was a fountain reward for the anniversary event. How did I miss out on that?!
Lt. Commander
# 92
12-27-2011, 08:29 PM
wow nice way to tell the new players to pucker off. geeze...wouldnt it have been better to put a 24 hour restriction on deleting a character rather than rook the new players out of a fun event
Lt. Commander
# 93
12-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Just to update this old thread, it was not fun leveling up 14-15 Fed and Klingon characters(doing the final one after work tonight) to the required levels just to give myself and all of my various toons both present(and potential future builds) the items from this event. Even though I have now learned how to efficiently power level a toon on either side, it has not been fun spending essentially 1.5 to 2.5 hours, depending on if the Lore mission was available, leveling a character through the use of those first 4 Fed missions or with the Doff/Mirror Event combo on the KDF side.

I really hope this is not something that is repeated in the future and if such things are gonna be a concern, please be UP FRONT about it and give the approrpriate lead time so the "grinding" can start at a more relaxed pace.

/peace
Lt. Commander
# 94
12-28-2011, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
Just to update this old thread, it was not fun leveling up 14-15 Fed and Klingon characters(doing the final one after work tonight) to the required levels just to give myself and all of my various toons both present(and potential future builds) the items from this event. Even though I have now learned how to efficiently power level a toon on either side, it has not been fun spending essentially 1.5 to 2.5 hours, depending on if the Lore mission was available, leveling a character through the use of those first 4 Fed missions or with the Doff/Mirror Event combo on the KDF side.

I really hope this is not something that is repeated in the future and if such things are gonna be a concern, please be UP FRONT about it and give the approrpriate lead time so the "grinding" can start at a more relaxed pace.

/peace
You only had to be level 6 to do the event.
Lt. Commander
# 95
12-28-2011, 07:57 AM
What about the exploit where you have to run the race 12,000 to 23,000 times on average to have a chance at a Jem'Hadar ship? The real number depends on what the actual probabilities of the Red Box from the race and the ship from the Red Box actually are. You should count yourselves lucky that anyone would consider putting in that level of time and effort into your game.

Yes, I am upset that my KDF character, whom I had leveled up to Lt Commander 2 the hard way, was suddenly unable to run the race for no apparent reason.
Lt. Commander
# 96
12-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
It's already been stated: Players were created new characters, running the race, sending the prize to their main, deleting the character and doing it all over again.

It was an exploit, plain and simple, and had to be patched to prevent abuse.
And that is why use account based data. Oh right, went out the window with C-store crap.