Lt. Commander
# 1 PvP More Maps!!!
12-28-2011, 10:29 AM
I know people have mentioned this before, but I have had some ideas as to some new PvP maps:

Ground:

Q's Winter Wonderland
Defiant Class(when the new interior is released)
Deep Space Nine
Great Hall fo Qo'nos (Old Map)
First City
Bajor (when the new map is released)
Defera Ground Invasion Zone - City

Space:

The Vault (inside)
Utopia Planetia Shipyards
Fluidic Space
Bajoran Wormhole
The Void (Black Space containing nothing. Possibly a mechanic so phaser beams can be seen from very far away?)
Khitomer Accord Space Section

Any more ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-28-2011, 11:25 AM
More something, more anything please.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLAK47 View Post
The Void (Black Space containing nothing
I would love this!
Empty space with a gate for spawns/orientation at either 'end' and 360deg flight enabled! *orgasm*
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLAK47 View Post
I know people have mentioned this before, but I have had some ideas as to some new PvP maps:

Space:

The Vault (inside)

This would be awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromgold View Post
This would be awesome.
Particularly for Shuttle bouts!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-28-2011, 04:33 PM
its been about a year and a half since we were told more maps were "comming with a Featured Episode".... this has yet to happen as you can see. also there used to be an assault space map that has since been removed that was actually a lot of fun.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-28-2011, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
its been about a year and a half since we were told more maps were "comming with a Featured Episode".... this has yet to happen as you can see. also there used to be an assault space map that has since been removed that was actually a lot of fun.
Don't worry you guys, PvP is really important to Perfect World. STO's PvP is really strong. The Dev team remains committed to the PvP community. More PvP content will be coming "soon."

... just like those leaderboards and tournament queues that were "in testing and to be released soon" - in July of 2010.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-29-2011, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
there used to be an assault space map that has since been removed that was actually a lot of fun.
oh yeah.. forgot about that ! So we've actually had stuff taken away in the 2 years since open beta/launch. Well, I suppose we can buy the gimmick consoles, gamble on ships so it's not all bad

I think its time (past time) to face the reality that PvP whilst an active and vocal community of followers aint getting &^%$, will never get &^%$ and there's &^%$ we can do about it. There's very little point to being good or even really good ata &^%$ game.

Time to move on to games that have perpetual PvP matches, ultra realistic fight and flight models, score boards, massive maps, lots of maps, more massive communities and you just buy the game for USD39.00 and that's all you pay.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Oh, come ON, people!

VASQUEZ ROCKS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasquez_Rocks

How can you NOT have a ground map of Vasquez Rocks? Can't you hear the orchestra, playing the suspenseful Trek music?
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
Oh, come ON, people!

VASQUEZ ROCKS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasquez_Rocks

How can you NOT have a ground map of Vasquez Rocks? Can't you hear the orchestra, playing the suspenseful Trek music?
i saw the name vasquez and thought to myself... "whats aliens have to do with this."

in my own humble opinion i think a random map generator for each pvp encounter (at lease the arenas) would solve one of the major issues with the lack of pvp maps.