Lt. Commander
# 1 IRF: Character Species
12-28-2011, 10:27 AM
With the future Imperial Romulan Fleet faction in the distant future.

I got to thinking what other races could be put with the Romulans to help fill out that faction.

These could be "servant" races to the Romulans.

Since the KDF have roughly 7 species I used that as a base for the IRF.

Here is what I came up with:

1. Romulan
2. Reman
3. Hirogen
4. Arkonians ( Click )
5. Skagarans ( Click )
6. Chameloid ( Click )
7. Corvallens ( Click )

Discuss lol.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Nice finds and suggestions. I'd be happy with any list so long as Remans were removed from it (yes I know this will not happen). They were a garbage addition to Nemesis that distracted what could have been a real opportunity to tell an interesting Romulan story. Anyone else looking to see the same?

Unfortunately I do not believe Romulans will ever be a meaningful player option in this game. If something resembling a faction does appear, it will be so far down the road and the game will be such a marginal concern, that I do not imagine the Romulan Faction making a difference.

It really is a shame. Generally the only reason I consent to play anything Trek (RPG, MUSH, etc.) is if I can play a Romulan.

The only real chance for STO is if Romulans are a more cosmetic faction. They should have 3 new classes (break from Tactical, Engineering and Science). They might open up 3 faction PvP (we've yet to see a single addition to 2 faction PvP though). Diplomacy could be replaced by some sort of meanignful spy/Tal'shiar progression. With those three changes, one could experience the already existing content of STO through a new lens, thus saving a lot of content development time.

Edit:
I forgot to mention that the Romulans control a great region of space in the Beta Quadrant. Their military may not be entirely diverse, but their Empire certainly is.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-28-2011, 11:19 AM
I would like to play "The Providers" faction from the planet Triskelion. Not a lot of ground action but they would be great running a starship with everyone wearing those metallic collars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock, as McCoy describes the search focus on Triskelion as a wild goose chase
Doctor, I am chasing Captain Kirk, Lieutenant Uhura and Ensign Chekov, not some wild aquatic fowl