Lt. Commander
# 1 STO stereotypes
12-28-2011, 03:51 PM
During the last 200-300 STFs, I always thought about how to categorize the other captains I am fighting with. Now in my opinion, those can be put into the following categories:

"I galaxy retrofit, I alone" - thinks that he/she can take it up to any ship alone, does not need other teammates, does not stick to plans coming from someone flying something smaller than him

"Chat? disabled !" - thinks that the chat function is stupid for an MMORPG and due to that, he/she disabled it.

"I know this mission, i really do" - thinks that he/she knows the mission in and out but doesnt know when to use the console at KA

"What? You cant speak my language? Okay then i ignore you" - mostly germans who talk german to others, thinking that everybody can speak it and do not react on anything else (i am not a racist, i am german myself)

"ohhh. the phone is ringing.." - hides behind the transwarp gate and waits until others finish the mission and when one asks him/her what he/she was doing, he/she was at the phone

"the inventor" - plays STO for 2 weeks but knows a tactic how to absolutely dominate the borg (something like "shoot at them")

"actually good" - plays by the rules, heals mates, knows what to do - in other words, the perfect teammate

someone knows more? go for it

remark: not everything applies to everyone but about 80% of the time i am playing, the things above are actually reality.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-28-2011, 03:59 PM
"Ok, I'll get the other side started on my own."

AKA "Why didn't somebody get all the extra spawns from the gate? Now we failed the optional because of you lazy lumps."

Either going right when everyone goes left or randomly flying around and hitting nodes or what, they spawn raptors or spheres or just trigger adds out of portals that wouldn't have come otherwise, often lead to the team getting overwhelmed with spam and failing the optional.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Sorry, what? I was on the phone.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-28-2011, 04:10 PM
its just the people that dont pay attention to their surroundings. i dont expect everyone to do it perfectly or be uber awesome but you can tell some are just blindly charging in.

if the borg cube is about to explode. dont sit next to it because the explosion will kill you.

if your being swamped with nanites and spheres dont shoot the generators causing even more nanites and spheres. clear the spam first and prioritize the nanites.

if your job is too shoot the probes as they come through, its ok to actually shoot at other things as well when there are no probes. if you remain on probe duty alone then your team is losing out on your fire power on the gate or transformers. (unless your on KA right side) then be very sure you can handle the extra spam if you start shooting generators).
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-28-2011, 05:28 PM
I've only noticed 2 in the time I've been playing.
  1. G.I.R.L.s
  2. Underage

Okay, for the non-creepy answer:

Within the first 5 minutes of any stf,
"Sorry guys, I'm gonna be AFK for a bit."
Yet somehow he manages to choose NEED on all loot.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Quote:
"I galaxy retrofit, I alone" - thinks that he/she can take it up to any ship alone, does not need other teammates, does not stick to plans coming from someone flying something smaller than him
Your title is correct, this statemen is a stereotype and not a fact. I give a damn about a battle plan...
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-29-2011, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Your title is correct, this statemen is a stereotype and not a fact. I give a damn about a battle plan...
yet, i see a lot of you exploding while trying to singlehandedly killing a (normal) borg cube
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-29-2011, 02:14 AM
You forgot the

" "I am gonna park myself here and not do anything" - is the only plan that works" people

The ones who sit at

Infected gate, shooting incoming spawns, usually failing - Not otherwise contributing
Cure Kang, Shooting incoming spawn, usually failing (I'll protect the Kang) - Not otherwise contributing
KA Vortex, I'll protect the Vortex, susually failing - Not otherwise contributing.

Thoose guys benefit ZERO to the missions, and even if they don't fail, they still do not truely contribute, because most of the time they are sitting on their hands.

If you can't "Take on nanites", "Hit and Run", "Shoot and kill", then IMO you shouldn take on thoose tasks... Let someone else from the group do that untill you can do more than one task at a time.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-29-2011, 07:52 AM
^ Don't forget about the guys who sit at the gate and shoot the invulnerable gates the whole time, never realizing it isn't dropping health.

Sometimes it's a new person who does that, and that's okay if they respond when you tell them in the chat window. But every now and then, you get that one who ignores chat also....
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-30-2011, 01:26 AM
The "know it all" American, and the impatient German..... these pair seem to be behind every corner i turn.

Having said that. It goes without saying that every time i click a join STF button the god damn phone rings........

story of my life :=P