Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-29-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm just going to set this here and walk away.

Cryptic has said countless times in the fourms that a discharged ship obtained via the VA token would not be redeamable. This was also the rule before F2P. If I discharged a ship that I bought with energy credits I would have to pay the same number of energy creds to get it back. Same thing here. You discharge a Tier 5.5 ship you bougth with a token you either A. Have to buy the ship which costs x C-points, or B spend a token. However you already used your token, so the only option is to pay the C-ponts.

Just like a Tier 4 ship, it costs X dilithium, but you got it with a token, if you want it again it is X dilithium.

*Set down and walks away*
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-29-2011, 11:10 AM
The people who say "CAN I HAVE UR STUFF"
You can only trade white crap as allmost everybody binds everything
so why do you even bother typing that phrase.

I again give this post my 100% support.
CLEAN UP YOUR ACT CRYPS
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-29-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm going to put this in as well.
This game is what cryptic wants, not what the customers want, it's a game by cryptic for cryptic.

This whole one shot deal it's your responsibility policy is the sign of one thing.
LAZY PROGRAMERS
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
I'm just going to set this here and walk away.

Cryptic has said countless times in the fourms that a discharged ship obtained via the VA token would not be redeamable.
That's wonderful. I don't read the forums. I did not know that reading the forums was essential to playing the game.

The fact is, IN GAME, it should have warned me that I would lose that ship for good. It did not. I should have to do research on the forums every time I perform an action in the game, just to make sure it won't be permanent.

It is what it is. Cryptic is ignoring me. I have play time until the 1st. I'll screw around on here until then. If my ship isn't back, they lost a paying customer. It's as simple as that. Cryptic can staunchly stand behind their ****** policies and lose a customer, or they can do something as minor as just giving me back my stuff, and keep a paying customer.

If they don't like money, that's cool with me.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-29-2011, 12:24 PM
You do realize that they are on a holiday break right ....

I do agree there needs to be more "warning" when dismissing ships or anything else that you will have to "buy back" to reclaim. I could see this more like the DOff missions where it states that the mission may remove a DOff from your roster (Extreme, Dismiss, or Execute missions).

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. You can always come back after 1/17 and play for free (keep that in mind) .

Matt
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-29-2011, 12:53 PM
[quote=MattMiracle]You do realize that they are on a holiday break right ....[quote]

And that is why i'm trying to make it not out of hand, but keep getting flamed for it......

I DID cancel my sub because of this, but I will likely resub if/when I get the ship back. The delay is frustrating, but the amount of flames coming my way is completely uncalled for. The response I have gotten for daring to post my issue on the forum I think has actually made me MORE upset than the actual issue.

I'm trying to be patient, but getting flamed for airing a grievance is making it difficult.

Quote:
I do agree there needs to be more "warning" when dismissing ships or anything else that you will have to "buy back" to reclaim. I could see this more like the DOff missions where it states that the mission may remove a DOff from your roster (Extreme, Dismiss, or Execute missions).

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. You can always come back after 1/17 and play for free (keep that in mind) .

Matt
Thank you.

I really never intended this issue to start a flame war, but it has on the small scale in here, and in the forum of my fleet. I really don't think i'm being unreasonable here, asking for my item back. I dont want free cpoints. I don't want another unrestricted token to do what I wish. I don't want free stuff. I just want my original item back.

Cancelling my sub and leaving the game may seem a bit drastic, but that's not 100% this issue but rather a culmination of many issues.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmendel46 View Post
In this case, I feel they are at least partially to blame. Had a little tooltip popped up and said "You will not be able to reclaim this ship, do you really want to decommission?" I would not have done so. As it is, with the only way to acquire said ship is via the Cstore, and Cstore items being redeemable more than once.......logically, the ship should be able to reclaimed. I had no knowledge that tokens worked differently.
I am sorry that you lost your ship. That is crappy that you did not know. However, I look at it totally the other way. When I see "decommission ship" I think of it as delete your ship and don't get it back. IMO The C-Store policy is an extra bonus saying that if you paid real money for it we wil have it available. Besides since it has been bought from the C-Store all of your characters can get it, over and over again. With your same argument you should be able to claim a ship by levelling and all of your players get that ship.

Not to be the devil’s advocate but if they let you have the ship back there will be even more form posts from people that bought ship slots outraged that they purchased these ship slots so they didn't have to delete an old ship and now there are reimbursing people. You get x amount of ship slots and you gain more with every level and when you delete one it is gone.

They may beef up the “this item will be gone for good” disclaimer but I am really sure that I saw that the last time I deleted a ship.

Good luck getting it back. It is nice when a mistake is made and a company rectifies it but I am sure that they would not want the backlash from the other players that would be upset by it. (best they were quiet about it)
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
I'm trying to be patient, but getting flamed for airing a grievance is making it difficult.
Just do what you can and toss a few, logical and stratigic replys where it can do the most good. As John Sheridan's father taught him, "never start a fight but always finish one." I would also add, "but don't feed the trolls" to that statement.

If this doesn't work towards your favor, if I may make a suggestion, look into the MVAM Prometheus from the store. When you purchase it, it would unlock for all of your characters. Right now, my "end game" ships are the Galaxy X and the MVAM (although I have all of the VA ships on my main account unlocked via C-Store).

Matt
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMiracle
Just do what you can and toss a few, logical and stratigic replys where it can do the most good.

If this doesn't work towards your favor, if I may make a suggestion, look into the MVAM Prometheus from the store. When you purchase it, it would unlock for all of your characters. Right now, my "end game" ships are the Galaxy X and the MVAM (although I have all of the VA ships on my main account unlocked via C-Store).

Matt
I originally planned at purchasing that ship at some point....but if this doesn't work towards my favor, not one red cent will be spent on STO ever again.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
I had recently encountered a bug with my Exploration Cruiser Retrofit, involving not being able to slot my BOFFS. So I figured, i'll decommision the ship, reclaim it, and maybe that will solve the problem.

After I do this, I am unable to reclaim my ship. I've been informed that this was apparently always the policy....I did not know this, and i'm not really sure HOW I was supposed to. There was no message that said it would be final and I wouldn't get it back.

So now, my ship is gone. This is a crap policy, and I have had my tickets go ignored. I have cancelled my sub over this. I have alot of issues with STO, but this is the straw that broke he camels back. I will resub if this issue is resolved.

Cryptic.......give me my ship back. That's a stupid policy, and you know it. Show some good faith and give it back, and honestly.....rethink the policy. I will remain unsubbed until there is a resolution. I'm not asking for much. I just want my ship back, that I earned in game, and only got rid of because of a bug. I don't want free stuff. I don't think i'm asking for anything irrational here. I made a mistake, I was unaware that it would be permanent, and I shouldn't be punished for not knowing every nuance of STO policy.
If you were given something free by a company and then you threw it away, would you go back to the company and expect them to replace the item you threw away at no cost to you?