Lt. Commander
# 1 Now just a minute!
12-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Am I to understand that my Defiant Retrofit acquired by token by my first character isn't available to any other characer on that same account without purchasing it with Cryptic points? Seriously?!??

That is unacceptible. Who the @#$% do you even think you are, pulling shady crap like that? How do you SLEEP at night? What's next, making me pay for costume unlocks and pets for each character? Why not a seperate monthy subscription fee for each character?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-29-2011, 11:22 PM
that's how it's always been for ALL the ships in the game, promotion tokens are only good for one ship on one character. in order to unlock the ship for the other characters you need to either buy it in the cstore or use the VA token on your other characters.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-30-2011, 02:24 AM
ACES_HIGH is correct... The VA-Retrofit that you used to be able to aquire in-game through leveling up has never unlocked more than one (as in if you discarded it, you were either facing grind or C-Store purchase) ship.

It has NEVER unlocked it for other characters.

Only the C-Store purchases were claimable on other characters once you've bought it.

And quite frankly, you should just be happy that you got one... New characters can't get them at all without buying them from the C-Store (or supposedly by being a 600 day veteran).
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-30-2011, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover_Fiste View Post
What's next, making me pay for costume unlocks and pets for each character? Why not a seperate monthy subscription fee for each character?
As for the first i think they actually started to do that at one time.. or maybe im thinking of costume slots. As i sit here thinking about it i think it was costume slots where only unlockable via c-store on per char bases. As for teh second... SSSHHHHHHHHHHH! dont give them ideas!
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-30-2011, 03:06 AM
who do u think you are? I know of not even one MMO that makes items you unlock with one character available for all other charakters of the same account.

It's like in WOW you unlock the galdiator epic flying dragon, and you get them on every character? No you dont, and nobody complains about it. Thats something that never happened and will never happen.

Just imagine, you have 5 Vice admirals. Every one has unlocked a different ship, There would be no need to buy anithing anymore at the c-store. The company could file for bankropcy just the other day.

My guess, that was a Troll post anyway...then that wasn't even a good one, or STO is your first MMO and you really have no idea how things work.

Good day Sir!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
As for the first i think they actually started to do that at one time.. or maybe im thinking of costume slots. As i sit here thinking about it i think it was costume slots where only unlockable via c-store on per char bases. As for teh second... SSSHHHHHHHHHHH! dont give them ideas!
My word, that's a hot avatar pic (yeah yeah I like blue)