Lt. Commander
# 11
12-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueWarper
Speaking of batteries, of late, I have been picking up Large verisons Wpn & Aux. Has anyone else come across this?
Only as drops in STFs. Threw me for a loop when all of a sudden the batteries didn't autostack in my inventory 'til I saw the Large description.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Into the bank they go...saving them for a rainy day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f(t)
Only as drops in STFs. Threw me for a loop when all of a sudden the batteries didn't autostack in my inventory 'til I saw the Large description.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Why oh why can't we have rechargeable batteries? I mean.. my car's battery is recharged by the alternator each time I start my engine. In starfleet command 2 (all versions), my battery would recharge with sufficient power diverted from my engine (i.e. surplus) to charge it. Why oh why does everything have to be a purchasable commodity in this game? Can we please get "more real"?
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-31-2011, 01:15 PM
You can swipe a rechargeable shield battery on a mission that requires you to use a shuttle (provided by the mission) ... Can't remember the mission, but you essentially just swipe it while in transit by opening up the shuttles property page like you would your own ship. =)

I assume you can get other ones somewhere in-game...but maybe not...I kinda liked the fact that they didn't tell you and you had to just sort of find out on your own... stumble upon it...

(I think it was in the Klingon sector...Fed mission...)
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-31-2011, 01:16 PM
The rechargables from the Klingon mission are no longer available. For 10mil+ EC I believe you can pick one up on the exchange. I have four spare that I'm saving for future ships.

The reason that they aren't available is that all the batteries are considered an EC sink.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
The rechargables from the Klingon mission are no longer available. For 10mil+ EC I believe you can pick one up on the exchange. I have four spare that I'm saving for future ships.

The reason that they aren't available is that all the batteries are considered an EC sink.
No longer available eh?

Bummer...that was a cool find... I should sell mine for a beelion credz then...=)
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-31-2011, 01:44 PM
I use Aux batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by someGit View Post
You can swipe a rechargeable shield battery on a mission that requires you to use a shuttle (provided by the mission) ... Can't remember the mission, but you essentially just swipe it while in transit by opening up the shuttles property page like you would your own ship. =)

I assume you can get other ones somewhere in-game...but maybe not...I kinda liked the fact that they didn't tell you and you had to just sort of find out on your own... stumble upon it...

(I think it was in the Klingon sector...Fed mission...)
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-31-2011, 01:55 PM
if they added a battery that never needed to be replaced... what would be the next energy credit sink? i mean really.... why dont they just compeltely remove energy credits from the game and give everything for free?
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-31-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
if they added a battery that never needed to be replaced... what would be the next energy credit sink? i mean really.... why dont they just compeltely remove energy credits from the game and give everything for free?
We as humans wouldn't make a non-rechargeable battery for our ships. We don't do it in anything else that large, do we? .. true.. a car battery needs to be replaced every so often, but I would much rather buy a rechargeable battery for much higher cost, then stockpiling them in my inventory 300 at a time... see where I am going with this?

they can still charge a buttload of ECs, but I don't have to visit spacedock as frequently because I can get a good 1000 uses out of the frackin' thing. Sound good?

Maybe I purchase 5 of them to hold in my inventory.. that's 5000 uses and maybe it will cost me a 100K to do that. I dunno on the pricing structure, but its a damned good idea and it also is "more real"
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Great idea from the OP