Lt. Commander
# 1 Client CPU Usage
01-30-2010, 01:40 PM
According to Windows Task Manager, the STO client uses 55% of a 3.0 Dual Core when at the logon screen (the one you dump to when you logout of the game). As soon as I exit the client, it drops to zero. If the client uses that much CPU doing essentially nothing, no wonder units are overheating in game.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 02:03 PM
dont exactly understand what your trying to say here. ive not heard of anybody suffering from CPU overheating issues the only overheating that ive seen on the forums is GPU (graphics card) over heating, GPU and CPU are totaly different components in your PC

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEagle
According to Windows Task Manager, the STO client uses 55% of a 3.0 Dual Core when at the logon screen (the one you dump to when you logout of the game). As soon as I exit the client, it drops to zero. If the client uses that much CPU doing essentially nothing, no wonder units are overheating in game.
most likely the game running the cleanup processes and dumping contents from memory and cpu this process can cause higher than normal utilisation in any game or program

50-55% utilisation of a dual core 3ghz cpu is not a lot of utilisation specialy if your swtiching from STO to desktop or running STO in a window. if your alt tabbing to desktop there is an option under troubleshooting to stop using CPU when the games not the main window.. not sure what its called games still down

50-55% just means STO is using as much CPU time as it needs if its was reaching 100% constently then this may be cause for concern, if your CPU is getting hot at 50-55% utilisation then you should be looking at your PC's cooling, makesure fans and heatsinks and case are clean of dust and fluff, also makesure the fans are working and enough cool air is entering the case
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium
dont exactly understand what your trying to say here. ive not heard of anybody suffering from CPU overheating issues the only overheating that ive seen on the forums is GPU (graphics card) over heating, GPU and CPU are totaly different components in your PC

[
most likely the game running the cleanup processes and dumping contents from memory and cpu this process can cause higher than normal utilisation in any game or program

50-55% utilisation of a dual core 3ghz cpu is not a lot of utilisation specialy if your swtiching from STO to desktop or running STO in a window. if your alt tabbing to desktop there is an option under troubleshooting to stop using CPU when the games not the main window.. not sure what its called games still down

50-55% just means STO is using as much CPU time as it needs if its was reaching 100% constently then this may be cause for concern, if your CPU is getting hot at 50-55% utilisation then you should be looking at your PC's cooling, makesure fans and heatsinks and case are clean of dust and fluff, also makesure the fans are working and enough cool air is entering the case
I clean my chassis regularly. It is simply the shoddy programming. I dont think theyve even optimized it once.
Another game that acted almost the same is Black Ops and they released it too early for the PC and was afflicted with bugs here and there... BS if you ask me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-31-2011, 03:53 PM
Well for one the game take's a Dual Core CPU And the only time it should take up that much is when your loading if your cpu is that high then you must have some thing eles running in the back round.Like a anti virus.I can have ten things at one time running in the back round and i still only push barely 50%of my cpu.The only thing i can think is you don't have enough memory.