Lt. Commander
# 21
01-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
But apparently that was deeply offensive to one guy in the team. I cleared probably 15 or 20 injuries off myself in that STF, just ignored that one critical because it didn't matter and I could clear it for free later, and was hounded the entire time. I thought about leaving that injury there forever in hopes of meeting him in another STF, but it was gone when I logged back in today.
Your situation is different.

The person you're quoting is speaking of people who enter an Elite with 4, 5, 6+ critical and Major injuries to their ship and refuse to heal themselves, seriously gimping their ability to be effective and to contribute in any way other than an aggro-generator and meat-shield.

It was kinda obvious from the Monty Python reference. However, if you have a critical injury in a single system that's nonessential to you, well...that's kind of Apples and Oranges, and you're still fine as you specify.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikotaka

The person you're quoting is speaking of people who enter an Elite with 4, 5, 6+ critical and Major injuries to their ship and refuse to heal themselves, seriously gimping their ability to be effective and to contribute in any way other than an aggro-generator and meat-shield.

It was kinda obvious from the Monty Python reference. However, if you have a critical injury in a single system that's nonessential to you, well...that's kind of Apples and Oranges, and you're still fine as you specify.
^^^^^^^
This, but I was also referring to the newbies that just achieved RA or VA and decide that their first go of an STF should be Elite.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Lesseee, what have I seen after 80+ STFs...

The Chess-Master
This one likes to move the pieces of the board around, but without actually affecting them. His/her favorite haunts are Khitomer and Cure, where they can be seen using Tractor Beam Repulsors pushing around probes and assimilated KDF vessels without actually attacking them. But rarely, he/she can be witnessed in Infected, pushing Nanite spheres and probes towards the nodes by accident. First cousin to the Trap-Springer.

The Lonely Puppy
Follows a player with a specific job to do when it would be more prudent for them to fight elsewheres. Often seen at Khitomer and Cure, following the designated probe and Kang guardians to 'help' kill probes or to 'help' sit around guarding the Kang.

The Trap-Springer
This person's idea of helping usually involves firing Tractor Repulsors or Magnetometric bursts to shove trapped enemy vessels out of their ally's Tyken Rifts, Gravity Wells, and out of imminent harm from tricobalts and other attacks. "That'll learn 'em whatfor!"

The Silent Operative
See 'Chat? Disabled!' combined with 'I know this mission, I really do!'.

Collectivus Maximus
Chooses 'Need' out of habit. Clever CMs will wait for their teammates to finish their choices (usually 'Greed') before being the last to press 'Need'.

Terrifying Tortoise (a.k.a The Ent)
Witnessed twice with KDF carriers. They never let anyone rush them, and their motto is 'Don't be hasty'. They will perform in their own time, flying simply at impulse and coasting where the action is, often being the last to arrive to help. May sometimes cause extended Optional attempts that have a high chance of failing.

There's prolly plenty more I'm missing.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Star Castled Connies in near R Torp Cloaks War Birds Nest. .with a love sick ensign at the scanner oblivious.

Snap turn NSM.. de cloak Squadron salvo alpha strike all torps.. disengage.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-02-2012, 07:11 AM
Quote:

Yes, but there's a reason I put the reply I did to the post I did on the particular day I did. The situation is not so alien as you claim, a picture of my ship with the name scratched out with sickbay injuries is even in a thread complaining about noobs not bringing components to elite STFs as a specific example.

People aren't making this distinction in the field.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Useless Team
In Khitomer Space, when I'm soloing the off-side and making more progress than the 4 people on the other side put together, that's not so good.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Terrifying Tortoise (a.k.a The Ent)
Witnessed twice with KDF carriers. They never let anyone rush them, and their motto is 'Don't be hasty'. They will perform in their own time, flying simply at impulse and coasting where the action is, often being the last to arrive to help. May sometimes cause extended Optional attempts that have a high chance of failing.
As a carrier captain I can say from experience that sometimes they take a lot of time to drop red alert, newer carrier pilots also seem to not realise that active pet commands can keep you from dropping red alert too. Also, if your facing the wrong way in your carrier they take about a year to turn around unless you have evasive maneuvers ready.

The most fun one though is the player who likes to follow you around while Rebecca Simmons is shooting her chain attack...
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenshiBat View Post
Star Castled Connies in near R Torp Cloaks War Birds Nest. .with a love sick ensign at the scanner oblivious.

Snap turn NSM.. de cloak Squadron salvo alpha strike all torps.. disengage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJ...eature=related
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
LOL, some of Senshi's responses are more cryptic than others. :p I think he's mad at a KDF team blowing him up in pvp before he has a chance to do anything. Maybe.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
You forgot the

" "I am gonna park myself here and not do anything" - is the only plan that works" people

The ones who sit at

Infected gate, shooting incoming spawns, usually failing - Not otherwise contributing
Cure Kang, Shooting incoming spawn, usually failing (I'll protect the Kang) - Not otherwise contributing
KA Vortex, I'll protect the Vortex, susually failing - Not otherwise contributing.

Thoose guys benefit ZERO to the missions, and even if they don't fail, they still do not truely contribute, because most of the time they are sitting on their hands.

If you can't "Take on nanites", "Hit and Run", "Shoot and kill", then IMO you shouldn take on thoose tasks... Let someone else from the group do that untill you can do more than one task at a time.
I beg to differ. These people are why optional succeed. On infected, you need at least one person between the nanite generators and the gate, preferably a science vessel to slow down incoming spheres and probes. You also need the rest of the team to pay attention and help them out.

On Cure you need one or two people doing the same thing. As long as you do not aggravate the other cubes, one can usually handle it on normal, but what sometimes happens is that someone will attack a second cube's spheres or the part of the team attacking the spheres lets raptors slip through so the guy guarding the Kang is overwhelmed and nobody comes to help him.

On KA you need either one person sitting at the other spawn point stopping the probes that come through or two people attacking the gate and stopping whatever comes through. These optionals usually fail because the main team does not take down the gate in time or they allow ships to slip through.