Lt. Commander
# 21
01-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Looks good. Hope to season 6 we will see revamp of exchange for duty officiers. Its pain now look for some we need
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-03-2012, 02:52 PM
As far as the Odyssey and the new Featured Series... may I say it's about damn time?!
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-03-2012, 02:59 PM
My only question is: define content. For me, new content equals new missions. I'm a trekkie, and I love stories about star trek things. So, I'm looking forward to see if I get answers on what happened to Empress Sela, and about the Iconians etc. The rest of things is game improvements, game events etc. Not content. Don't take me wrong. I like game improvements, and welcome they, but after one year of only seeing game improvements, I'd like to see a bit more emphasis on new missions that advances the plots already in game.

Nevertheless, the path it'ss being laid until April seens good. Just hope it becomes real without "dilithium conversions" and "bug ships" popping on the road.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-03-2012, 03:11 PM
I would like to see solid confirmation that the Odyssey and Klingon flagship will not be C-Store ships, Grab Bag ships or almost unobtainable from any kind of "luck" based system.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Hey SD, or Branflakes:

Quote:
The game goes to warp speed in February. We’re kicking off the month with a second anniversary event that includes the introduction of the new Odyssey class starship for Federation play and a brand new Klingon flagship for KDF play. Look for more information on these awesome ships later in the month.
Oh so long ago, it was said that the Odyssey and KDF Flagship would be free in game unlocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
It is my understanding that this ship will be given for free, it will not be a c-store ship.
CapnLogan said the Flagship would be free to his understanding.

Can we get an OFFICIAL word of this?
Will the Odessey and K'Flagship be free in-game via with no C_Store involved, or has the "plans changed"?

I just don't want another "The Excelsiors will be sold as a bundle" issue with what was said to be free ships.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
I would like to see solid confirmation that the Odyssey and Klingon flagship will not be C-Store ships, Grab Bag ships or almost unobtainable from any kind of "luck" based system.
This. I will not spend a penny in the C-Store on anything but the Odyssey between the day the ship is available and the moment I have it. No random boxes, not for a Federation ship!
Lt. Commander
# 27 We are Wholly Unimpressed
01-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Thank you for yet another speculative and content-free update, Stephen. At least you're consistent when you feed us empty garbage. Count me among the "I'll believe it when I see it" crowd. And as for the weekly additions...keep in mind this guy's idea of "something new" differs wildly from ours...see Season 5 as the primary example.

This guy and PWE are the worst things to happen to Star Trek Online in...well, pretty much ever. Just wait until those FE's come out (late) and then they don't do pretty much anything else for months.

Priorities are so screwed up it's not funny...why do new and revised mechanics keep taking precedence over new gameplay? I could see if it was laying the foundation for new and varied career progression but that's not on the radar. Tinkering with stats and DPS is really missing the point, which is...thanks for the new skills and point allocations BUT THERE'S STILL NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-03-2012, 03:25 PM
This ALL makes me happy! Thank you for updating us. I am really interested in the "fleet advancement system"
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-03-2012, 03:30 PM
That was a ton of vague comments.

Hopeful, yes. Nothing besides the FE was really 'promised' which of course is a good thing. This Diary was more of a... 'so we know whats on the agenda' kinda post. not a hard facts post.

Also, toss me in the boat with the NO Odyssey and KDF flagship to grabbag crowd. I will be furious about things if that happens.

Now i understand why a grab bag can be a good thing for cyrptic and i'm not 100% against them. But from the PR side of things, putting super highly desired items in a grab bag is a disaster. The bug ship... well its nice, but the Odyssey will be on a whole other level. just don't do it. Save grab bags for nice, but not NICE items.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadRaynar
Question. If STO is going FTP Jan 17 and I have a paid subscription until March, what's going to happen with the time that I paid for?
nothing. there are two types of members. gold and silver. you will remain gold until march and then you have the option of subbing still and keeping gold perks (the 400 c point stipend, continuation of vet rewards) or you unsub.