Lt. Commander
Many of you are already aware that I've been performing a balance review on the Space STF sets. I was just able to finalize a few of the changes that are about to go into testing on Tribble, and wanted to make you all aware of what's coming so you can be prepared to offer your constructive feedback. These changes should be appearing on Tribble as quickly as I can get them finished. The exact date is beyond my control, so just keep your eye out for patch notes.

Please note that although only a few of these changes are specifically listed as "STILL UNDER REVIEW" this is all subject to change and further tuning and tweaking. The aspects called out as being under review are incomplete as of this moment, or not working as intended.

*** DISCLAIMER: I am not reviewing drop rates or costume effects in this pass. That's not my area. So please keep any feedback related to these changes confined to gameplay mechanics as much as possible. Thanks!

*** ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMER: A second round of changes were publicized on 1/6/12. If this "Round 2" affected changes made in the first section, a note has been added to see additional commentary further down.

----------------

M.A.C.O. (Starfleet Elite)

ENGINE: Increased sector space travel to Warp 12
ENGINE: Increased "Engine Performance" skill boost

DEFLECTOR: Completely rebuilt bonuses to more accurately reflect design purpose of set.
** This is where you will see the biggest skill differences. The rebuilt bonuses are intended to offer a more unified "feel" for the set. In this set's case, it is generally defensive.

SHIELD: Added 5% SHIELD resistance to all energy types (in addition to basic 5% bleedthru resist)
SHIELD: Replaced Plasma SHIELD resist with normal Plasma resist (works when shield is down)
SHIELD: Increased Plasma resist from 10% to 20%
SHIELD: Damage Trigger now stacks up to +10 Energy (max 5 stacks, 2 power each, once per second)

2-PIECE: Removed "Warp Core Potential" skill bonus
2-PIECE: Replaced "Power Settings Resistance" with skill bonus to "Power Insulators" (reduces resistance to energy drains, but adds resistance to shield drains)
2-PIECE: Added 5% Cooldown Reduction to all Bridge Officer powers (yes, all!)

3-PIECE: STILL UNDER REVIEW -- Functionality will not change, but damage and magnitude of secondary effects may. **see additional changes below

OMEGA (Neutral Elite)

ENGINE: Added another Turn Rate modifier
ENGINE: Added "Slipstream Capacitor" boost which speeds up the cooldown of your Slipstream Drive by 50% **see additional changes below

DEFLECTOR: Completely rebuilt bonuses to more accurately reflect design purpose of set
** This is where you will see the biggest skill differences. The rebuilt bonuses are intended to offer a more unified "feel" for the set. In this set's case, it is generally fast/maneuverable.

SHIELD: Added an additional Capacity modifier
SHIELD: Replaced Plasma SHIELD resist with normal Plasma resist (works when shield is down)
SHIELD: Damage Trigger reduced to 50% chance (from 100%) -- MAY REDUCE FURTHER
SHIELD: Damage Trigger TurnRate boost reduced to 30% (from 100%) -- MAY REDUCE FURTHER
SHIELD: Added +5% Defense Bonus to proc

2-PIECE: Works now! All outgoing damage now deals an additional small amount of Tetryon damage
2-PIECE: Added 50% Shield Penetration to bonus damage
2-PIECE: STILL UNDER REVIEW -- Functionality and Damage Output may change **see additional changes below

3-PIECE: Increased Turn Rate debuff time from 5 seconds to 10 seconds
3-PIECE: Added -50% Defense Debuff to target (lasts 10 seconds)
3-PIECE: Added -25% Kinetic Resist Debuff (lasts 10 seconds)

Klingon Honor Guard:

ENGINE: Replaced "Engine Performance" skill with "Warp Core Potential" skill.

DEFLECTOR: Completely rebuilt bonuses to more accurately reflect design purpose of set
** This is where you will see the biggest skill differences. The rebuilt bonuses are intended to offer a more unified "feel" for the set. In this set's case, it is generally a defensive stealth bomber.

SHIELD: Added an additional Regen modifier
SHIELD: Removed +Stealth bonus
SHIELD: Removed +Defense bonus
SHIELD: Introduced "Subvert Targeting Array" Damage Trigger:
When receiving any energy damage:
-- 5% chance to Placate enemy (2sec), and apply 10% Accuracy debuff (10sec)
-- STILL UNDER REVIEW -- Functionality will not change, but duration and magnitude of effects may change. **see additional changes below

2-PIECE: Increased bonuses to Crew resistance and Regen
2-PIECE: Standardized Aux Bonus Power to scale properly
2-PIECE: Added damage bonus to High Yield Torpedoes -- STILL UNDER REVIEW **see additional changes below

3-PIECE: Changed to Toggle (Previously could not be canceled prematurely)
3-PIECE: Increased stealth values to match Mask Energy Signature II
3-PIECE: Increased +Def boost while under effects of the field
3-PIECE: Decreased magnitude of +Def boost after cloak fades, but increased linger duration from 5sec to 10sec
3-PIECE: Reduced max duration from 18 seconds to 10 seconds
3-PIECE: Reduced cooldown from 180 seconds to 120 seconds
3-PIECE: STILL UNDER REVIEW -- Needs thorough testing to ensure Fighters & Group mates properly benefiting from the AOE. **see additional changes below

----------------

I look forward to hearing your feedback once you've all gotten a chance to try these changes out on Tribble.

I'll be starting a Ground Set review in the near future that will likely result in a similar series of changes to their mechanics and effects, and I'll do my best to keep you all informed of those changes as they get approved.

----- EDITED: ADDED ON 1/6/12 ----

Based on feedback so far, as well as further internal testing and design discussion, another round of changes is heading to a Tribble server near you!

The following changes include some new stuff, as well as changes made to the previous list of changes. Those following the thread should be able to tell one set from the other, but for everyone else I'll be clarifying the original post after I get this one taken care of.

As always, please remember that these are still subject to change based on further player feedback!

--== ROUND 2 ==--

MACO:
ENGINE: Sector Space Travel Speed Boost is now affected by Driver Coil (this is not yet working as intended - will be fixed soon)
3-PIECE: Decreased damage. Now approximately half that of Gal-X Phaser Lance / Garumba Javelin.
3-PIECE: Shield Penetration increased to 50% (tooltip does not properly reflect this - will be fixed soon)
3-PIECE: Firing arc reduced to 65 degrees
3-PIECE: Increased Repel magnitude
3-PIECE: Removed the Flight Speed Debuff
3-PIECE: Added 100% chance to knock target's Aux system offline for ~3-4 seconds (disables many Borg special abilities)
OMEGA:
ENGINE: Increased cooldown reduction on Slipstream Capacitor (this is not yet working as intended - will be fixed soon)
2-PIECE: Damage increased
2-PIECE: Now only deals damage to shields
KHG:
SHIELD: Damage Trigger may now only fire a max of once in any 5 second period.
SHIELD: Increased proc % on DamageTrigger from 5% to 25%.
2-PIECE: Bonus Kinetic Damage only enhances players' High Yield and Torpedo Spread powers (Note: Increased damage only applies to one projectile currently - will be fixed soon)
3-PIECE: Duration increased.
3-PIECE: Allies under the effects of this power can attack enemy targets (User that activates the power still prevented from attacking while the power is active)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Very interesting. I see alot of changes that will really help.

Do you happen to know if there will be a console to allow us to requisition these on tribble to test?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-03-2012, 07:14 PM
IMO The Honor Guard set is the weakest of them all, at least when it comes to the special effect.

I mean really, why do we even need a special stealth field ability when every single Klingon ship except for carriers is equipped with a cloaking device?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Yes!
.................Yees!
.................................................O h yes!
....Yes!
..............................Yeeess!

(what? I'm quoting a shampoo commercial - that woman looked pretty jubilant about her new acquisition too =P )

Thank you for the attention to these! It's very much appreciated!

This leaves me very optimistic for eventual changes to the ground gear as well... since it does kind of fail at being adequately anti-Borg when people end up setting it aside from other (supposedly lesser) tools.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Well this is really ncie to see that on the whole they are getting better. This is, indeed great news. The thread does not say that this is SPACE details.

Anyway. I have one massise personal issue with it. I just grinded out 160+STFs to get myself some honour guard gear because it has an integral defence bonus. I am a KDF battlecruiser and I believe it is my job to tank the damage i na KDF team

Now you tell me that I bought the Stealth Bomber set! Bloomin marvellous that is. Especially as I just spent the best part of my entire spare time in the holiday season working tirelessly towards a set which is obviously being shifted to suit a Bird of Prey.

I was short-changed in the dilithium exchange, but you gave me a nice BOff to help me get over it. That was only a couple of weeks ago and now you tell me a few hundred hours of very challenging gameplay has all been in the wrong direction.

I beg you, please, please, please, please give us a week or something of grace to trade this equipment back for the vouchers or something. I, and doubtless many other players, will now discover their carefully built STF ships are using thw wrong items as functions shift from one set to the other.

Now, this was all a bit whiny I know, and I hope you can understand why, buty I do in general terms approve of this. I like the idea the sets have intended functions and that the Starfleet ones are geneuinely different from the KDF ones. The change is a good one - just let us swap if the changes mean players have made what turn out to be bad choicees because of the new rigs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Suit a Bird of Prey? More like a redundant waste.
A Bird of Prey already has an excellent "Battle Cloak", theres no reason for it to have some kind of puny "mask energy signature" ability which is an inferior wannabe cloak power.

The KHG ground set was just fantastic, Space set present and planned update is mediocre at best.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Suit a Bird of Prey? More like a redundant waste.
A Bird of Prey already has an excellent "Battle Cloak", theres no reason for it to have some kind of puny "mask energy signature" ability which is an inferior wannabe cloak power.

The KHG ground set was just fantastic, Space set present and planned update is mediocre at best.
Well suit might have been the wrong term, but my line of thinking was that only the BoP can cloak and decloak often enough in an STF fight (which takes a long time) to benefit from this buff... a few extra points of damage against a tac cube on elite for N secinds whilst its shields are up - laughable modifier for anyone but having the possibility of re-application on a BoP which 'might' make it usable.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-03-2012, 08:04 PM
not sure i care for all this general plasma resistance, makes using plasma weapons even less appealing. i'd rather see a resistance to npc borg plasma weapons, and a more general resist to other damage types instead. player use plasma weapons are getting too singled out.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Cool. The MACO 2 set bonus looks VERY tempting.

On the Engines. If Geko's post about driver coil boosting the speed Slipstream, Borg engines, etc by 50% is correct, this is the average speed a player can expect at VA.

Initial conditions are Max Driver Coil. QS at warp 30 for 30s with 2min cool down. Borg at warp 21. MACO at warp 18. OF at Warp 10.

Borg + QS = Avg speed of warp 22.8 (2.5 minute cycles with Warp 21 for 80% of the time and Warp 30 for 20% of the time).
MACO + QS = Avg speed of warp 20.4 (2.5 minute cycles with Warp 18 for 80% of the time and Warp 30 for 20% of the time).
OF + QS = Avg speed of warp 16.67 (1.5 minute cycles with Warp 10 for 66.67% of the time and Warp 30 for 33.33% of the time.

Clearly, its still better to use the (far cheaper) Borg Engines. Or am I interpretting Geko's post wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-03-2012, 09:26 PM
I'll remove this comment myself
Closed Thread