Lt. Commander
# 21
01-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
interesting.
Though it seems odd that tactical toon buffs should boost science based abilities. Maybe a rethink is in order.
The only Sci skills that get buffed are the ones that do damage, which makes sense since APA/GDF/TacFleet say they boost "all" damage.

GW, Tyken's, PSW, Tractor Beam, and TBR. (CPB is unaffected since it's not real damage)
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
The only Sci skills that get buffed are the ones that do damage, which makes sense since APA/GDF/TacFleet say they boost "all" damage.

GW, Tyken's, PSW, Tractor Beam, and TBR. (CPB is unaffected since it's not real damage)
The thought I was having is perhaps they should not. How exactly would GDF, TF and ApA make a singularity more effective at being a gravity well? Or spacial rift more rifty? TBR I can kinda, maybe see (even TB maybe) since it is an allocation of directed force.
PSW, GW and TykR do not seem that way in form or effect to me.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-04-2012, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
The thought I was having is perhaps they should not. How exactly would GDF, TF and ApA make a singularity more effective at being a gravity well? Or spacial rift more rifty? TBR I can kinda, maybe see (even TB maybe) since it is an allocation of directed force.
PSW, GW and TykR do not seem that way in form or effect to me.
Game Balance. If tactical powers do not buff Science Powers, a tactical in a science vessel would be totally useless. It doesn't have to make sense. It doesn't make sense from a Startrek Lore perspective to have Federation starships throw around subspace anomalies and the like anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-04-2012, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Game Balance. If tactical powers do not buff Science Powers, a tactical in a science vessel would be totally useless. It doesn't have to make sense. It doesn't make sense from a Startrek Lore perspective to have Federation starships throw around subspace anomalies and the like anyway.
I can accept that reasoning....
though a more elegant aproach to balance would make more sense to me.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Quote:
I can accept that reasoning....
though a more elegant aproach to balance would make more sense to me.
(Of course, there may still be reasons the actual outcome is not balanced. The "naked" damage output of Scatter Volley was fine, but critical hits broke it. That might be a problem in other situations, too.)