Lt. Commander
# 21
12-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Did not know this...thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
That was actually right out of the movie's sequel setup (despite the lack of a sequel). Data downloaded his entire memory, knowledge, and experience into B4 hoping it would jump start his underdeveloped brain. After he died, when Picard was trying to explain to B4 what happened to Data, B4 started singing part of a song Data had been singing at the start of the film.

After the events of the film, Data's plan eventually worked, he jump started B4's brain and took over his body. Somehow, despite the Soong Foundation turning from a scientific organization into a civil rights group for artificial life forms, nobody had the slightest ethical problem with Data erasing his brother and stealing his body.

Data set himself up for the same return that Spock did by mind melding with McCoy just before throwing himself down the warp core. Star Trek loves killing characters, but its loathe to actually let them go. Even the one that didn't leave death's door open behind her managed to return through a time traveling half Romulan baby.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-28-2011, 07:03 PM
The original Enterprise was regulated to training crew missions shortly after its refit, though fate intervened. She was to be decommissioned after her roughly forty year mission as well, and while not being the front line ship of the Federation. The Enterprise A was much younger when she was decommissioned, but the technology had changed so much by then she was out classed by the time she was launched. It happens.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Nothing wrong with just having a standard decommission... the sovereign class isn't state of the art after all. To the mothballs with ya! :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-29-2011, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONHART View Post
Nothing wrong with just having a standard decommission... the sovereign class isn't state of the art after all. To the mothballs with ya! :p
Well, if there were no TOS Connies or Excelsiors or Mirandas or...NX-Class Ships around I would agree.
I really don't have a Problem with those older ships still in service, we are at war after all and need all available ships. But It would be nice to see a Flagship decomissioned and replaced by a new one without blowing the old ship up...again!
I really like the Sovereign class but it's time to bring in a new Flagship.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-01-2012, 08:14 PM
It would be cool to find the ship in a random mission, just like in the Star Trek Destiny books with the Columbia( i dont remember which one) but in an well written episode mission. Not as the mission but a part of it after its discovered.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-04-2012, 06:11 AM
well as famous as the tng crew is and the E i prefer if the F finds her some where and needs help.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-04-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adml_shake View Post
No, in one of the little data snips during the loading screens it says that the Enterprise E was lost while on some mission and not heard from again. Hence the building of the F. It's possible we might see it again, though at this point starfleet would have removed it from the active ships registry. And if it did reappear I'm not sure what they would do with it, renaming a ship is considered very unlucky and a no no, though I suppose you could just have 2 Enterprises running around.

You are 100% wrong, the Enterprise E was send to investigate a Starbase that lost contact. It was not the E-E that lost contact. Get your facts rights please.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
So, look at the tos enterprise refit that ship lasted longer than the enterprise e. DId you know that the nem sovy we see is actually half done refit, they were going to finish it of at the end of nemesis but due to budget reasons the E is left in spacedock. So it had to refit one inbetween insurrection and nemesis and another one done at the end of nemeis. Is a shame really the design of the schimatic make the finalised E looks more tough hyet still sexy.
They actually released the designs for the 'final' refit that was supposed to be taking place at the end of Nemesis? I thought they only talked about it and had it removed due to budget/story obligations and the only blueprints/designs released were those of the refit that took place before the movie, being the design that we actually saw in the movie.

Do you happen to have a link?
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
They actually released the designs for the 'final' refit that was supposed to be taking place at the end of Nemesis? I thought they only talked about it and had it removed due to budget/story obligations and the only blueprints/designs released were those of the refit that took place before the movie, being the design that we actually saw in the movie.

Do you happen to have a link?
Eaves released his concept sketches.

http://johneaves.files.wordpress.com...nal-small1.jpg

The original First Contact version is at the bottom, the middle has the phase one version from Nemesis with the CG model and ILM's stuido model, and the top is the phase two refit.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
You are 100% wrong, the Enterprise E was send to investigate a Starbase that lost contact. It was not the E-E that lost contact. Get your facts rights please.
So wait, let me see if I have your statement here correct. The E-E while going on a mission to investigate a Starbase that Starfleet had lost contact with, was then not heard from again? And that's different than what I said how? At this point the ship is lost (unless the thing about CBS removing that from the load screens is true, in which case the fate of the ship is very much still up in the air)