Lt. Commander
# 41
01-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post

1. Honest, real communication. I want to know what their short-term and long-term goals are, and what their development schedule looks like.
Ask and ye shall receive ... sorta :

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2755
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
Ask and ye shall receive ... sorta :

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2755
Yeah. Saw that. If it needs a big disclaimer at the bottom, then it's not even worth taking at face value. I explained my position on that blog post right here and in subsequent posts in that thread based on D'Angelo's posts in the forum.

I am now "ye of little faith."
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-04-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm still an embittered old Klingon feeling the itching of the wounds of promises long past......
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:

I am now "ye of little faith."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I'm still an embittered old Klingon feeling the itching of the wounds of promises long past......
As much as I did not want to , and as much as this made me feel like a "Cryptic sympathizer" -- I have decided about almost two months ago , that come F2P 17.01.2012 , I will have to give Cryptic a clean slate .
I don't want to (heck even as I do so I have a protest in my sig. -- not what I hoped for as a "clean slate starter") -- but ultimately ... ultimately I have to .

I can't go on and on and on about what was . That's not who I am .
That's not to say that I don't have a queasy feeling about a lot of things . And I mean A LOT of things .
But I also believe that from mid-January , Cryptic won't just have to show us results -- they will have to show PWE results .
And as jaded as we are , and as much as our faith in Cryptic has hit rock bottom in the style of : "I don't believe a word they say until I see it for myself" -- I have to believe that everyone deserves one more chance .
From my POV -- this is that chance ... , and I'm willing to give it to them , clean slate and all .
I just wish it didn't come to me feeling like I had to do that .
I wish I had some faith left .
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
As much as I did not want to , and as much as this made me feel like a "Cryptic sympathizer" -- I have decided about almost two months ago , that come F2P 17.01.2012 , I will have to give Cryptic a clean slate .
I don't want to (heck even as I do so I have a protest in my sig. -- not what I hoped for as a "clean slate starter") -- but ultimately ... ultimately I have to .

I can't go on and on and on about what was . That's not who I am .
That's not to say that I don't have a queasy feeling about a lot of things . And I mean A LOT of things .
But I also believe that from mid-January , Cryptic won't just have to show us results -- they will have to show PWE results .
And as jaded as we are , and as much as our faith in Cryptic has hit rock bottom in the style of : "I don't believe a word they say until I see it for myself" -- I have to believe that everyone deserves one more chance .
From my POV -- this is that chance ... , and I'm willing to give it to them , clean slate and all .
I just wish it didn't come to me feeling like I had to do that .
I wish I had some faith left .
I think what D'Angelo did by writing in the forums was ultimately a good thing.

He added some realism to this whole thing. I respect that and even if it is not what I was hoping for, it is what it is. Really, it's just that simple now. So, I'm not so much a "naysayer" as I am someone who just has come to accept that STO won't live up to my expectations (or hopes) for at least another year or two. And honestly, I'm okay with that. And the reason I'm okay with that is because I actually sensed his sincerity and know that what he wrote was "the unfiltered truth."

You certainly can't begrudge someone for honestly doing all they can.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-05-2012, 08:24 AM
I'll say, " done Good" when I see the KDF PvE missions arrive that give us fans a better level of gameplay.
Its time for growth, expansion and making STO more than it currently is in form and function.
All the content and changes for the better that has arrived in the turbulent 2 years of issues, errors and somesay outright false ambitions of others is great and has improved the game, but its still two years of bad press, illwill and empty accoplishments if the game does not grow beyond what it currently is and gives all fans of the genre a chance to enjoy playing what drew them to the genre to begin with.

Quote:

You certainly can't begrudge someone for honestly doing all they can.
I don't begrudge a person for doing the best they can in a bad circumstance for the short term.
This particular circumstance has long since past the road of SHort term and has become the highway of "OMG, when do the excuses stop."
New owners, same issues has gotten old. PWE needs to actually give the Cryptic guys a influx of staff/money or whatever if they wish to see STO grow beyond the stigmata that it is currently under.
or as Sisko would say, " You only get so many time up to bat, before you are benched."
I do not wish to see STO benched.