Lt. Commander
I'm looking at Personal Shields and there's so many different ones, so i put forth the question, What's your preferred choice of personal shield and why?

I'm currently using a Mk XI capx3 which gives me 345 max shield and 3 sec recharge.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-04-2012, 11:56 AM
mk 10 cap pkbk or whatever it is for knockback. it helps that Im sci and hp tank rather than shield tank.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecat69
I'm looking at Personal Shields and there's so many different ones, so i put forth the question, What's your preferred choice of personal shield and why?

I'm currently using a Mk XI capx3 which gives me 345 max shield and 3 sec recharge.
Either [Cap] [Reg] [Energy Type]or[ Cap] [Reg]x2.

If I can't be bothered to keep switching shields then I run either the Phase Shifted shield which is a good all rounder or I'll use energy specific shields for STFs etc where I know which energy type I'll face.

I do use the Capx3 on my Engineer where the high capacity and access to high resistance is helpful but for the other two classes I really like the [Reg] modifier, but I use a lot of cover so get plenty of mileage out of it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-04-2012, 02:38 PM
I personally use shields with [PBKB] it activates very regularly, and gives you that precious second you may need from time to time, especially in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-04-2012, 03:17 PM
I prefer the new blue XI one you can get from the DoFFs. It has almost the same Cap as the Cap X2 + The Regen Bonus + Resistance to being knocked around. High Cap hardly matters because most things rip down your entire shield in just 2 to 3 shots no matter what. Regen is more important so the moment you duck behind something you get it all back and NOT being knocked around is extremely important.