Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I've found a rather interesting 'point' shall I say in the First City. if you go to the forge and jump up on the first forge that you see when entering the forge, and walk along the pipes, you'll eventually walk off/fall off and drop a huge distance, knocking about half your hitpoints off, and leaving you with a message stating that there is nothing else on the tricorder, maybe you should try a different path, and gives you the option to either beam up to your ship or dismiss... Anyway I took a few screenshots of this Qo'nos 'blackhole' to show you what its like in the center of Qo'nos... Quite interesting to say the least...

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/q...4-21-36-54.jpg

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/q...4-21-35-41.jpg

Core of Qo'nos? Dark Blue spot at the bottom. This is the view if you look down...

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/q...4-21-35-52.jpg

I have been able to repeat this 3 times, so I know its not a 'onetime' glitch.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiveman5
I've found a rather interesting 'point' shall I say in the First City. if you go to the forge and jump up on the first forge that you see when entering the forge, and walk along the pipes, you'll eventually walk off/fall off and drop a huge distance, knocking about half your hitpoints off, and leaving you with a message stating that there is nothing else on the tricorder, maybe you should try a different path, and gives you the option to either beam up to your ship or dismiss... Anyway I took a few screenshots of this Qo'nos 'blackhole' to show you what its like in the center of Qo'nos... Quite interesting to say the least...
Here's your links better formatted.

Image 1 | Image 2 | Image 3

Cheers,

-rswfire

Edit: Oh, nevermind. Guess you caught that yourself. Was just trying to be helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-04-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm surprised this thread hasn't gained more attention. Has this already been known, or is it that just no one is interested? I wonder if the Developers are aware of this or not... Just curious...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-04-2012, 10:47 PM
This has been known for a quite a while unfortunately but has been ignored by the devs
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-05-2012, 06:22 AM
Its as if the whole KDF faction is just window dressing on a void of content. How strange.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-05-2012, 06:24 AM
I was doing a Fed exploration mission yesterday and ran around the corner of the base and out into space - where I fell helplessly until I had to restart. It's not that uncommon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-05-2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I was doing a Fed exploration mission yesterday and ran around the corner of the base and out into space - where I fell helplessly until I had to restart. It's not that uncommon.
1. You are talking about an exploration zone that is nothing more than randomly pre-generated map. This is the KDF capital.

2. At least one of the bugged spots was introduced in S5.

3. If we talk about priorities the comparison to an exploration map is pretty apt.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-05-2012, 06:46 AM
It doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Cryptic wasn't expecting people to find a way to climb to the top of the forge any more then they were expecting people to find a way to climb buildings when the SFA map was introduced and get outside of the fence. It just happened. Once they were informed about the loophole they corrected it - just as I assume they will do with the KDF map when they get the chance.