Lt. Commander
I could use some help guys. I use a Long-Range Science Vessel Retrofit, Intrepid-class. I would really like to know how to make it the best it can be. Any suggestions on layouts, including everything from weapons to shields to bridge officer skills to consoles.

P.S. I will NOT sacrifice my Ablative Armor and I use a photonic displacement console from the Rhode Island-class retrofit that I am also fond of.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-04-2012, 04:36 AM
Thing is: If we are to help you, we need to know your game style.

There is absolutely no such thing as a "Best layout", as it all depends on How you play, and who you play against...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-04-2012, 06:18 AM
Lol. Sorry. I'm big on tanking and love being able to stay in a fight. I also like draining my opponents shields so that I can still do damage.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Are you looking for PvE or PvP?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-04-2012, 08:48 AM
A balance between the two if that is possible. Otherwise, PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-04-2012, 01:52 PM
1 beam for and aft, 2 photon torpedoes for and aft for abusing the ablative armor is the best i could give you weapon wise but as it stand the armor is simply a joke and building the weapons loadout around the abillity is a little dangerous in PVP but this weapons setting gives you the ability to ignore the weapons power setting allowing you to run high aux and put more power else where while still keeping some pretty good DPS even when shields are up and with the built in target shields and various other sci abilities like tractor beams and tacyon beam. This weapons setup will confuse some players in PVP(i had some difiants chasing me getting obliterated acusing me of hacking and cheeting with only a 4 weapon loadout while i was running 6) The dual luacher is to cut the torpedo luanch time in half, and if you add in the Doffs that reduce torp recharge you can sometimes fake a HYT attack.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-04-2012, 02:32 PM
For PvP:

Ens Sci: Polarize Hull 1
LtC Sci: SciTeam 1, Hazard 2, Tachyon Beam 3
Cmdr Sci: Tractor Beam 1, Transfer Shields 2, Transfer Shields 3, Charged Particle Burst 3

Depending on if you want pure tank/support or not, you'll have to decide how many Beam Arrays vs Torps to put on. If you want to be more offensive, 4 beams and 2 torps at 100 Weapons power (50 Aux). Otherwise, 2 Beams + 4 torps (or all 6 torps) and ~90 Aux (after skills and such you should be at 125) and the rest to shields.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-05-2012, 06:50 AM
I don't play the "tank/support" model that much, but can still fill the role so if you want a damage dealer/support/shield disabler vessel here is my set up...(that rips through stf's by the way)

Ens Sci: Polarize Hull
LtC Sci: Sci Team 1, Hazard II, TSS III
Cm Sci: Tractor Beam I, Tac Beam II, Tykens Rift II, Gravity Well III

Oh, I should add that my ens slot is actually a lt commander so I can flip out my TSS and Hazard if the need arrises...

Another note, I also use the armor. In some of the STF's, especially Kitomer...it is very useful. There is nothing like getting the Donatra ship to target you..activate armor...wait for it...oh...only 2500 damage..haha
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Yeah but the armor is just stupid. It hasn't worked since season 5 was released and the devs need to sort it out.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie25 View Post
Yeah but the armor is just stupid. It hasn't worked since season 5 was released and the devs need to sort it out.
I'm not sure what you're talking about? The Armor works for me perfectly fine.