Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
01-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
To suggest that the Gorn, Nausicaans, latheans, and the Orion all folded so easily was Cryptics fanboy writing, just to give us more species for the Klinks - (Talk about a lack of creativity)
I prefer to think that those species are like countries invaded by Nazi Germany pre-russia, IE they folded easily but they still have active resistance networks operating. Of course, this means Klingons = Nazis and other species in the KDF = collaborators, but its the only way I can justify the Klingon Empire being more of a Klingon Federation now.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO
They removed 24 levels and added cstore ship. Other then reworking first city and difficult that pretty much it for last year. We got grand total handful kdf missions.

Compare to federation we still are haftet baked faction.

Are we better then launch sure but not hard to improve sorry excuse that was kdf faction.

But let's face it the improvement we seen to date only cover the bare minimum the kdf faction has long was to go before it can be called full pve faction.

Based on cryptic track record I be shocked if they done before the end of 2012.

Sorry but I stop trusting cryptic word and promise after season 4 hit and all the kdf improves we had been promised where no where to be seen.

Are we better off now with second 5 then we where before. Sure but most of those improvements are cstore improvements for most part.
Since when was the KDF EVER supposed to BE a full PvE faction? Right now they are devastating in PvP. That is what they are supposed to be good at and they are. Like I said: They need some more missions just for them but this does not mean they have been totally neglected.

The KDF has seen a massive improvement in number and quality of their ships. They will get to play through those first levels again once they work out the real KDF tutorial. They got the Klingon Academy which is pretty cool. They got their first city reworked which is... well... Something at least. They do have a few KDF Only Missions which are WAY better than ANYTHING the Feds get. They at least got their own Mirror Universe missions and now they have Marauding so they can go knock down the Feds' door. They got their own sets in the STF's and Craftable Hargh'Pengs though I still very very much which they were not Bind on Pickup... -.-
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-03-2012, 12:38 PM
I am trying to level up my Klingon before end of sale, but I doubt I will get there. But yeah, they really do stay true to what Klingons are, which i hope only gets better.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
Since when was the KDF EVER supposed to BE a full PvE faction? Right now they are devastating in PvP. That is what they are supposed to be good at and they are. Like I said: They need some more missions just for them but this does not mean they have been totally neglected.

The KDF has seen a massive improvement in number and quality of their ships. They will get to play through those first levels again once they work out the real KDF tutorial. They got the Klingon Academy which is pretty cool. They got their first city reworked which is... well... Something at least. They do have a few KDF Only Missions which are WAY better than ANYTHING the Feds get. They at least got their own Mirror Universe missions and now they have Marauding so they can go knock down the Feds' door. They got their own sets in the STF's and Craftable Hargh'Pengs though I still very very much which they were not Bind on Pickup... -.-
We have seen improvement, it is true, but PvE is something that has been asked for a promised for a long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
Trust me, we'll continue to add PvE. I'm a die hard Klingon player and I'm constantly on the EP to add more.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...45&postcount=8

But mainly it boils down to a promise of "if players want it more will be put ingame.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
Seems like good ole Dan kicked off Klingon month in STYLE!

First, let me apologize that info has been slow to get out. Believe it or not, December was supposed to "klingon" month. I have zero clue why it's Dec. 15th and still nothing, but I can tell you this WILL change (I just saw the threads yesterday).

Secondly, yes, Klingon gameplay is almost entirely PvP. We are trying to get some PvE in (there's already a tad bit). And, if the players demand it, we'll add more content (like episodes). I want us to be agile as a company and respond to what the customers want.

Third, I'll reiterate my point in the other thread. I'm most excited about playing a Klingon. I love combat in a bird of prey. Klingons are getting attention - from me. It's not as much as I'd want, but we have a foundation that we can grow into. If people like the federation gameplay, we can put that in for the Klingons. If players have a different set of requests for klingons, we can do that instead. We can make STO into the game that YOU want.

I'll close with that. MMORPG's aren't just about release. They're about community and the years of gameplay. Disappointed that there isn't more Klingon gameplay? Play STO, tell us what you'd like and we can deliver that. Every passing day, we can make STO into what the fans want.

Edit: Bumped jack's post to top of therad
- mod
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...55&postcount=1

Oddly we still desire more yet its been real slow comming and our faith in its arrival has been long abused.
Anyone can follow the history of the KDF here,
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=217322
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan

Might want to get your facts straight.

Since August 10th, 2008 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcAn3nhf97Y#t=01m48s

What we have is nothing close to what we told in that interview. which is why I got my signature. I am waiting patently for that promise to be fulfilled.