Lt. Commander
# 1 C-Store ships and Dilithium
01-04-2012, 07:48 PM
I cleared most of my ships (decommissioned) back when we could buy ships with EC.
Now, I need to spend Dilithium to buy new ships, unless I bought a ship on C-Store (such as MVAC and LRSV-R and so on...).

Those ships I bought on C-Stores can be re-claimed for free even after I decommissioned them, right?

My question is, how about 'ship variants', such as "Imperial Class" for Assault Cruiser class.
Can I claim free 'Imperial Class" again even after I decommission her?
Or C-Store variants are only 'skins' and do I need to spend Dilithium to buy a ship?

So like.....
- I level up to RA, I get one free Tier 5 ship.
- I choose an Assault Cruiser.
- I level up to VA, I get one free Tier 5 ship again.
- I choose a Long Range Science Vessel - Retrofit.
- I decommission my Assault Cruiser. <-- I am at this stage
- I buy 'Imperial Class' variant from C-Store.
- I should get one Imperial for free (an Assault Cruiser).
- I decommission the Assault Cruiser again.
- Can I claim Imperial for free again, or do I need to spend Dilithium?

*I should be able to do the same with MVAC (ship class itself)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-04-2012, 09:17 PM
'fraid not, if it's a ship you've bought in the c-store, you can reclaim it ad infinatum but if it's only a ship skin, it's of no use unless you already possess the ship, so going by your post, you'd need to acquire another Assualt Cruiser before that skin is any good to you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-05-2012, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the answer.
That's unfortunate.... hope they lower the Dilithium cost someday... I don't see how I can manage to make 120,000 Dilithium anytime soon
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-05-2012, 02:23 AM
yeah at this stage, Never never decommision ships, buy ship slots if your have to, or wait for vet rewards to give them to you. because decommissioning is to expensive with dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-05-2012, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesDelta
Thanks for the answer.
That's unfortunate.... hope they lower the Dilithium cost someday... I don't see how I can manage to make 120,000 Dilithium anytime soon
I make around 5,000 in an hour each day. I could make the full 8,000 if I wanted to play 2 hours, but I have other alts which also need to be played so I don't. The refining limit is the biggest hurdle, not making the ore, IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesDelta
Thanks for the answer.
Yes - ironic is it not, that a Sovereign class is now harder to buy than a Galaxy Retrofit?

It'd actually be nice to see a 'deal of the week' in the Shipyard offering 20(?)% off of a particular ship class. :p

Where was I going with that thought....oh yeah, 120k dilithium isn't actually as bad as it sounds - it's 15 days full dilithium with nothing else being bought, run some mirror events, STF's, PVP etc etc and it soon adds up.

(Or spring 300-350CP on the dilithium exchange if you're desperate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I make around 5,000 in an hour each day. I could make the full 8,000 if I wanted to play 2 hours, but I have other alts which also need to be played so I don't. The refining limit is the biggest hurdle, not making the ore, IMO.
That said if you have alts use the dilithium exchange to buy CP and sell back to transfer dilithium to one toon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th
That said if you have alts use the dilithium exchange to buy CP and sell back to transfer dilithium to one toon.
Even then it's less CP then your free stipend so it's not really costing you anything.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th
Yes - ironic is it not, that a Sovereign class is now harder to buy than a Galaxy Retrofit?

It'd actually be nice to see a 'deal of the week' in the Shipyard offering 20(?)% off of a particular ship class. :p

Where was I going with that thought....oh yeah, 120k dilithium isn't actually as bad as it sounds - it's 15 days full dilithium with nothing else being bought, run some mirror events, STF's, PVP etc etc and it soon adds up.

(Or spring 300-350CP on the dilithium exchange if you're desperate)

Thanks I guess i could use the Dilithium Exchange too, but still... :p
It's just that it used to be easy to 'try-and-error' different ships, but now its a bit too expensive.
15 days of full Dilithium game play is a bit hard for me (since my work hour is crazy....).

I sure hope they have Shipyard 20% sale of the week event!