Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Will we see a huge flood of new accounts, or just a few hundred jump on deck?

I know when DCUO went F2P, they had a huge jump in players, and the wait time to log in put people in line of 4000 at times. Will this happen in STO?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-06-2012, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Cedric View Post
Will we see a huge flood of new accounts, or just a few hundred jump on deck?

I know when DCUO went F2P, they had a huge jump in players, and the wait time to log in put people in line of 4000 at times. Will this happen in STO?
they may have been so just when it went F2P is it still like that?...no are the server still as full as when it went F2P or they now like they where before hand?.....yes

will this happen to sto?....yes
will it stay like this for sto?.....no
game go F2P for a reason
this game has been selling for 10$ for a reson
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Well it's far better than the 1st week of F2P on DCUO, that 4000 count to get in was nuts. I just hope we don't see that same type of que line to log into STO the day it's fully F2P, I know a few Trek fans that told me, they wouldn't play until it was free, now that it's going that way. My friends are getting ready to rock, and their friends and so on and so on. lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-06-2012, 09:41 AM
The one thing when things go to F2P, is to expect the unexpected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Cedric View Post
Well it's far better than the 1st week of F2P on DCUO, that 4000 count to get in was nuts. I just hope we don't see that same type of que line to log into STO the day it's fully F2P, I know a few Trek fans that told me, they wouldn't play until it was free, now that it's going that way. My friends are lgetting reasy to rock, and their friends and so on and so on. lol
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Most games after going f2p see a drastic increase in numbers. I can list several mmos who did this recently and became much more popular and successful. Also, people who have criticized those games, have started to like them more.
Will this happen with STO? Yes it will.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-06-2012, 09:51 AM
One smart thing they did was to open up the ftp gates for prior subscribers early. Let them get in, check things out, and decide if they want to continue before the ftpers with no prior experience get into things.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Sweet F/A that's how many.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-07-2012, 06:07 AM
it's gotten a lot busier on the servers since F2P pre launch....so I'm going to work with my fleet to prepare
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-08-2012, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krtr
Most games after going f2p see a drastic increase in numbers. I can list several mmos who did this recently and became much more popular and successful. Also, people who have criticized those games, have started to like them more.
Will this happen with STO? Yes it will.
This^^
When Age of Conan went F2P, Funcom one month later had reported to the media that 300,000 new accounts were created since.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-08-2012, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
This^^
When Age of Conan went F2P, Funcom one month later had reported to the media that 300,000 new accounts were created since.
key ??? is did they hold them account are they still have that many being made every month or is it like all game's that where P2P then go F2P after a few months after they are back to the same more or less then they where before F2P