Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
I second that; particularly "Spin the Wheel". If you memorize the walkthrough, you can finish the whole mission in under 15 minutes.
You can knock out 'Skirmish' and 'Spin the Wheel' in 30 minutes flat (including travel time) if you're fast. Then you can pick them up again and re-grind.

This explains why the mission rewards for 'Spin The Wheel' are always so abundant and CHEAP on Exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
The Investigate Officer Reports wrapper mission got buffed beyond all recognition in the latest patch, and it now gives SERIOUS Captain and Bridge Officer SPs. IIRC, it now gives between 1,500 and 2K of each type. Previously, it was giving 300-400 points of each type at VA.

Noobs, here's how you do it:

Open the Mission window (to hail for missions). Choose Investigate Officer Reports. This is the wrapper mission.

Now click on the tab for player-created content and choose three Foundry missions that sound interesting. to you. If you don't employ any search or filter terms, then the most highly-rated ones will be at the top. Choose some and pick them up.

Now go do your three chosen missions. When you're done with them, you'll be done with the wrapper mission. Hail the contact and collect your 1,500-2,000 SPs.

If you can't decide on any Foundry missions, then locate The Nagus List here on the fora and choose from among them. The Nagus has an excellent list of highly-recommended Foundry missions that are worth playing.
Actually it isn't giving any more experience than it has been. The amount of experience that has been earned, is rewarded and spent under the covers remain exactly the same. What has changes us the way that the game client displays the Experience Point values.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
Actually it isn't giving any more experience than it has been. The amount of experience that has been earned, is rewarded and spent under the covers remain exactly the same. What has changes us the way that the game client displays the Experience Point values.
Since my toons are all VA/LG, I normally don't pay any attention to how many points are involved -- I'm just playing Foundry missions because I'm hungry for content. But when I finished the wrapper mission this morning, I *definitely* noticed the changed values there.

Thanks for the clarification; I wouldn't have bothered to check into it myself since I don't need the points.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Zombies are one of my least favorite species of the Galaxy. I must destroy this one and remind you Humans to open a new thread if you need to post on a topic that has not seen the light of day in over 30 days.

Q
Closed Thread