Lt. Commander
# 11
01-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erixander
A 48 hour free unlimited respec timer should be applied to each individual character that starts only after that *individual* character has been logged into. No one would be able to complain that they missed their opportunity with a character.
Too devil with that...

Just make it possible to use Dilithium to gain respecs...,

I rather doubt that something like this would put much of a drain on Their overall financial stability...,

It's probably safe to believe that Respec Token Purchases, are/will be, a minor part of the C-Stores' income.

Especially since They have done Their darndest to Discourage, this particular activity with the new Skill Tree Revamp.

It just makes Them look greedier and greedier compared to other games that offer this service at a much more resaonable rate, or even Free.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
You can save yourself a lot of hassle and test your builds on tribble. Thats what I do, and if something happens that I dont like or i dont have the points in the right place, delete the toon and recopy it back over from holodeck.

Once you are happy, respec over on holodeck to be permanent
Theres one big problem with this, you can't really test builds for PvP or Elite STF's on Tribble, since you really can't get them going.

As for the OP, me too, I havn't spent anything on STO since the Rhode Island fiasco, removing my choices in game and trying to force me to spend more on STO, for example on respecs, only strengthens my resolve to keep my wallet closed.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post

It's probably safe to believe that Respect Token Purchases, are/will be, a minor part of the C-Stores' income.
Respect from Cryptic for their players? I dread to think how much CP thats gonna cost...
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
You can save yourself a lot of hassle and test your builds on tribble. Thats what I do, and if something happens that I dont like or i dont have the points in the right place, delete the toon and recopy it back over from holodeck.

Once you are happy, respec over on holodeck to be permanent
100% Correct Sir!

This is why I still have 8 Respects left on 6 out of my 7 toons.

I use Tribble to test all my builds before I make any changes to them on Holodeck
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-07-2012, 01:35 PM
So wait, you blindly hit the accept button without reviewing your selections first? And somehow that is Cryptic's fault?
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-07-2012, 01:56 PM
I wish they revamped the respec system. Maybe you buy "respec points" from the C-store, in lots of various sizes. Then, when you go to respec, you can reassign up to X of your skill points based on the number of skill points you have in your lot. Basically, make a system where you only get charged for the skills you actually change, not totally redoing your character and ultimately ending up reassigning most of my skills the same anyways.

This would make a cheaper and more flexible system for players to respec when they only want to make minor changes to their skill layout, rather than facing the prospect of shelling out $5 to make a minor change. If I wanted to spec heavily into a subset of skills to be effective in STFs, I could do so. Then, once I was done grinding them I could alter my skill tree a little to be more versatile for PvE or PvP and not have to pay for a full respec.

But this would make too much sense, and not enough money. So I guess we're stuck with what we have. At least the price of the respec seems to be lowered. I believe in the early Tribble builds, it was 780CP to respec? Now it seems like it's "only" 400.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritium4ever View Post
So wait, you blindly hit the accept button without reviewing your selections first? And somehow that is Cryptic's fault?
Just because things look good on paper does not mean it works in practice.
I also find it very humorous that people keep promoting Tribble as a place to test builds.

1.) It takes up "twice" the Hard Drive space, a person should not be forced to run two copies of the game to find a build that works.

2.) Tribble is completely useless in testing builds for PvP or even STF's.

What Cryptic needs to do is give gold members back the ability to respec without using the C-Store.
Even something like a free Respec token along with the monthly stipend would be satisfactory at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Just because things look good on paper does not mean it works in practice.
I also find it very humorous that people keep promoting Tribble as a place to test builds.

1.) It takes up "twice" the Hard Drive space, a person should not be forced to run two copies of the game to find a build that works.

2.) Tribble is completely useless in testing builds for PvP or even STF's.

What Cryptic needs to do is give gold members back the ability to respec without using the C-Store.
Even something like a free Respec token along with the monthly stipend would be satisfactory at this point.
That's the fact right there. I didn't blindly click it, It looked ok till after I got into space and noticed I was lacking power... They shouldn't have rolled out TWO changes like that...
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
Respect from Cryptic for their players? I dread to think how much CP thats gonna cost...
Crud... missed that one 't' with spellcheck...

Apparently, more CP's than I'm willing to invest anymore time in, at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-09-2012, 05:41 AM
Wonder if we will see a response on this...