Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 101
12-27-2011, 10:48 PM
They've already lost my consumer confidence, I purchased the T5 Excelsior the day it came out on my main (Which has been active since about March 2010 give or take) and I specifically remember in the description that once I purchase the T5 I will recieve the T3 free, at the time I did and prompty discharged it because my main was VA (Or RA I remember there was a lvl cap increase).

I'm a lifer (Obviously) and I HAVEN'T SPENT a dime since the beginning of the content drought with the motto "Vote with your wallets", Cryptic has bad business practices that I DO NOT agree with, this is being one of them.

Unfortunately what they've taught me from all of this, is that I need to start taking screen shot of product descrptions BEFORE i purchase them (If I were to do so) and keep them for records, so when the time comes I can file an actual case, with pictures, dates and hard evidence. I agree with the sentiments of all the posters in this thread, we have been lied to and scammed out of hard earned money for the value of said product(s).

Food for thought:
Exclusive Items for pre-order STO (Most are on C-Store now)
Continued promises to expand the Klingon Faction Storyline (However many days and still counting)
New STFs "Children of Khan", "Into the Hive" (Dead projects?)
Ambassador Class (All the buzz and dropped like a rock)
Rhode Island debacle (Over Powered and out classed a ship of it's own tier)
etc, etc

In closing, I will not spend a dime on any more c-store products and continue to use my lifetime sub not because I support Cryptic, it's because I love Star Trek. However if the game servers were taken offline tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised considering how much hatred and discontent this company has created among the loyal player base whose stayed with them during close to 8 MOS of nothing new, broken promises and just plain lies. I wonder how fickle the freepers will be when your business practices are introduced to them.....

Also best trust and believe that I will be utilizing my stipends and exchange religiously to acquire items from now on because of these practices.
Lt. Commander
# 102
12-27-2011, 11:40 PM
I've tried to defend cryptic time and again with stuff like this, and have always tried to keep a bright outlook on things. Recently though, it's just been absolutely depressing.

Probably going to get flak for this but, I have a feeling a lot of these issues aren't necessarily cryptic's fault, as things seem to have gotten worse since PW took over. Either way, no matter who's fault it is, I still want to believe in cryptic, even though (as stated earlier) everything happening recently is absolutely depressing.

Ever since PW took over things have been looking worse and worse, especially if you love star trek and want to see this game succeed. I can understand the move to F2P, in many ways a good and smart decision, what I don't like is how everything has been implemented. I actually can't explain what exactly has been bothering me about it, but it does. Maybe the way everything has a price tag now regardless of the "you can get it all for free if you want."

I'm a lifer so no need to spend anymore money now getting anything I want out of this game, so I'm not going to. Strangely enough I actually miss the old system though. Not the whole thing of course, but most of it. Or the feel of it maybe, if anyone knows what I mean.

Anyway, enough of my opinions on a subject I'm actually starting to not care about.

See you in game, and if not, I'll be on Freedom sever in CoV.
Lt. Commander
# 103
12-28-2011, 07:24 AM
None of it really surprises me anymore. When BranFlakes came back to us and stated that the response he got on correcting this issue amounted to "BWAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...no," I found it to be pretty par for the course. This game has been steadily going downhill, even more so since its acquisition by its new overlords in the Far East. And with ESD zone chat now ablaze with statements by D'Angelo to the effect that he'd be 'absolutely thrilled' to see the Odyssey go grab bag, and with at least one podcast declaring that their love for STO is on life support at this point, I fear our journey through the stars may be drawing to a close.
Lt. Commander
# 104 Another fail by Cryptic
01-05-2012, 10:12 AM
I am also very unhappy that I am unable to access the T3 ships now and have to pay for them again.

It is also very annoying that a dev came out saying that the T3 access would be honoured but then come back to say they were wrong. If you are representing your company and making public statements, I would expect them to be right the first time.

Then again this is Cryptic all over.
Lt. Commander
# 105
01-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
None of it really surprises me anymore. When BranFlakes came back to us and stated that the response he got on correcting this issue amounted to "BWAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...no," I found it to be pretty par for the course. This game has been steadily going downhill, even more so since its acquisition by its new overlords in the Far East. And with ESD zone chat now ablaze with statements by D'Angelo to the effect that he'd be 'absolutely thrilled' to see the Odyssey go grab bag, and with at least one podcast declaring that their love for STO is on life support at this point, I fear our journey through the stars may be drawing to a close.
My sentiments exactly.
Lt. Commander
# 106
01-06-2012, 07:32 PM
QQ

So a mistake, misinterpretation, misinformation (I highly doubt anyone among the development team actually intentionally lied... use your brains, people. Please. You'll seem less moronic).

Last I checked, no one on the development team threw rocks when Jesus said, "Let he without sin cast the first stone".

They made a mistake. They came here to acknowledge it, and even apologized for it.

Or am I to understand when they make a mistake, it is purely unforgivable, whereas when you make a mistake, it is meant to be forgiven, forgotten, and brushed under a rug?

Yeah... that makes sense.

Grow the **** up, please. Will make the rest of us subscribers/paying customers look better, I promise.
Lt. Commander
# 107
01-07-2012, 02:39 PM
They did mis-communicate about items that were worth money. People purchased under those assumptions as this was from a dev and it was not a vague statement. Later they admit to their mistake but they will not honor the agreement that people purchased under. When you as a business make a mistake and it costs people money, you reimburse those people.

It would be as simple as giving them what was originally promised. That builds good will. Now Cryptic has many more people upset and not willing to buy.

EDIT: Saying sorry is a pretty hollow apology. It really doesnt mean much in this case. If I stole your wallet and said "sorry" but still didnt give it back, I doubt you would accept my apology.
Lt. Commander
# 108
01-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Granted. I suppose to me, the few dollars is something I wouldn't even notice gone from my account, far less raise an uproar over, so doesn't much make a difference to me.

Others are concerned over "principle"...

After a few years getting shot at over what others call "principle", I stopped caring about it so much. Other things in my life worth the worry. Others have a different reaction, and that's okay too.

I agree with you however... To show good will and loyalty to your customer base, a grant of the T3 to the T5 purchasers would be warranted.

Do I believe Cryptic MUST do this in order to remain a reputable company, or their not doing it would influence my continued subscription?

Not at all. I honestly wouldn't care.