Lt. Commander
# 1 I have to say this...
01-07-2012, 08:16 PM
I am incredibly impressed with the vast improvements that have been made to STO since its release. The last time I played was the month of its release, and I didn't subscribe because I was totally disappointed with the game at that point. I participated in both and closed and open beta testing but only because it was a time killer. I was hoping that they would release some huge update for retail release but they didn't. It was strictly combat and lots of it. What little other content it had didn't even come close to balancing out the insane amount of combat there was. I bet I was involved in more combat in STO in two weeks than there were fight scenes in all of the shows and movies combined.

Anywho, that brings me to what I have to say. I have never seen so much improvement in one game in my entire life. I've beta tested (and am beta testing) over a dozen games in total and of the ones that have been out as long as STO, not one of them has had as much improvement in its first two years as STO has. If it didn't just go free to play (which is also awesome), I would gladly pay a monthly subscription. Though if it hadn't gone F2P I probably never would have gone back to it... lol

But anyway, I just want to thank the devs and such for the great job they've been doing. If you knew who I was, you'd feel honored. :p
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leptoon View Post
But anyway, I just want to thank the devs and such for the great job they've been doing. If you knew who I was, you'd feel honored. :p

Shhh...! Don't tell the Devs, but that is leptoon right there!

:p
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Well yes, it has improved.

The problem is the state fo the game at release. We know it was a rush job because otherwise they'd lose the license and we'd have no ST MMO. Thats all well and good but leaves them playing catch up and in plenty of areas they havn't caught up, heck in some places they've gone backwards, removing small amounts of content here and there.

Not seen a game improve so much in 2 years? Hmm thast a pretty big claim, given the dysmal state of DCUO at launch and in early months (so bad I demanded my money back) it has become a game I'm quite happy to play and pay for in less than a year and they've managed to release playable content at least every other month. If FF14 follows the roadmap of improvements they've released (and if anyone has the money to do it, they do. They didn't even feel good enough about the game to charge for it in the first year) then they'll easily trump STO and then some. More to the point, I've seen games release in a better state than STO is now, and I've been playing MMO's since EQ1.

I suppose if you're returning after such a long time some of the changes would appear radical but if you've stuck around it seems too little and too slow, topped off by the latest blog stating some pretty unambitious goals for the next year.

And I've never heard of you, or am I missing a punchline somewhere?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
And I've never heard of you, or am I missing a punchline somewhere?
I was thinking the same thing LOL
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
I was thinking the same thing LOL
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth, lol...
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-07-2012, 09:32 PM
It's probably the EP of SW:TOR.

<Chuckle>
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leptoon View Post
I bet he's Wil Wheaton!:p
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_Strife
NAhhh... He's too busy harrassin' Sheldon.

Lt. Commander
# 9
01-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_Strife
Even if that were true (which, actually, isn't a bad guess, even if it is a joke), the egomaniacal nature of that sentence is just too much for me. If one of my "idols" were to ever say something like that, it would probably cause me to lose quite a lot of respect for them. Imagine Gandhi (disguised as a peasant or something) going up to the Buddha and saying, "You've done great things for the world. And you'd be totally honored if you knew who I was!"
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
Even if that were true (which, actually, isn't a bad guess, even if it is a joke), the egomaniacal nature of that sentence is just too much for me. If one of my "idols" were to ever say something like that, it would probably cause me to lose quite a lot of respect for them. Imagine Gandhi (disguised as a peasant or something) going up to the Buddha and saying, "You've done great things for the world. And you'd be totally honored if you knew who I was!"
Buddha, through his infinite wisdom, feels not honour, nor requires the praise of any.

Sorry, dunno what came over me just then.... So, how many Pakleds does it take to change a lightbulb?
Closed Thread