Lt. Commander
# 411
12-19-2011, 10:39 PM
a carrier can be just as good with or with out their pets. they only make up about 30-40% of your damage at best. the fighters work just fine right now and i would take them over the bops fixed or not.
Lt. Commander
# 412
12-19-2011, 10:55 PM
So anyways...

I wonder if a dev will tell us how close in the pipeline we can possibly get fixes for the carrier pets using their skills correctly, actually attacking targets, working carrier commands, etc. Although some may not mind that they are broken... I feel like that kid on christmas that has a broken toy.
Lt. Commander
# 413
12-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Jheinig is doing some more work on the carrier pet AI today, to see if he can figure out what is causing the continuing issues.
Lt. Commander
# 414
12-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Jheinig is doing some more work on the carrier pet AI today, to see if he can figure out what is causing the continuing issues.
good to know
Lt. Commander
# 415
12-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Yeah I've noticed a slight improvement the biggest issues are that of the new carrier commands and the issue where things such as stationary objects like nanite generators, gates in STF's, another non stf example is the borg boss in RA's and the Erikson System with Pi Canis sorties the little 2 things on the end of the medical station you have to shoot to release the last 2 freighters... All stationary targets like that seem to have a big problem where carriers are pretty useless against until fixed... Just figured I'd mention all I could remember off top of my head incase no one else mentioned it. Its wierd though sometimes a bop though will attack a target and then other times it just cloaks and flies circles around its target. Just remembered that one too LOL.

Also thanks for the quick response
Lt. Commander
# 416
12-21-2011, 10:23 AM
The S'kul fighters are working quite well ATM but they also refuse to attack large stationary targets
Lt. Commander
# 417
12-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
The S'kul fighters are working quite well ATM but they also refuse to attack large stationary targets
Yeah its the same with any other pet. One thing I did notice is that the nanite generators can now be attacked by standard fighter pets now. The only thing besides the issues of bops cloaking and just circling around, the large stationairy problem, and the carrier commands which I see progress they are not as buggy as they were but still buggy. The issue I've found in STF's especially elite ones are that the fighters are doing crap energy damage to targets. I've seen them range about 11-23 damage the only thing that is making them usable is the torpedos they are fireing them they do a magnitude more damage than their energy weapons. I'm assuming this has to do something with their weapons power or something related to that. It would make Cure Space Elite much more easier if the bops were working at 100% of what we expect out of them though but for now I'll just have to rely on the photons from the fighters to get the missions done.
Lt. Commander
# 418
01-07-2012, 09:12 PM
I have a carrier issue I didn't know was being worked on or not but my friend submitted a ticket like 2 weeks ago and just got a response to contact bug support about a kar'fi. Apparently all of a sudden a few weeks ago his tactical stations on kar'fi both disappeared and hasn't been able to use it since. I did not know if it was being worked on or if anyone was actually aware of this bug.

Anyways his ticket is #1,250,846 (Thought I would post it here since he doesn't do forums and might be seen better).