Lt. Commander
# 11
01-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
Buddha, through his infinite wisdom, feels not honour, nor requires the praise of any.

Sorry, dunno what came over me just then.... So, how many Pakleds does it take to change a lightbulb?
NONE... They Connive somebody else into doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leptoon View Post
But anyway, I just want to thank the devs and such for the great job they've been doing. If you knew who I was, you'd feel honored. :p
My money's on an old developer who worked on STO in some capacity in the past, probably on either the programming or UI side of things. Either that or in some more general supervisory role, a position where this person would know a great deal about how lousy the game was at launch. The early signup date, something on the order of 2008, would seem to support this, though that fact by itself does not necessarily rule out this person just being an old guard player.

It's also possible this person is some kind of Trek-related celeb who has in his or her own spare time been quietly following the game. I know some here would consider a Trek alum's praise of the game to be an honor.

I love this kind of baseless speculation, it's fun for me.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
NONE... They Connive somebody else into doing it.
Correct!

You get a round of applause from me, and you'd feel honoured if you knew who I was...
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
My money's on an old developer who worked on STO in some capacity in the past, probably on either the programming or UI side of things. Either that or in some more general supervisory role, a position where this person would know a great deal about how lousy the game was at launch. The early signup date, something on the order of 2008, would seem to support this, though that fact by itself does not necessarily rule out this person just being an old guard player.

It's also possible this person is some kind of Trek-related celeb who has in his or her own spare time been quietly following the game. I know some here would consider a Trek alum's praise of the game to be an honor.

I love this kind of baseless speculation, it's fun for me.
Doesn't D. Stahl qualify under that deffination.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Correct!

You get a round of applause from me, and you'd feel honoured if you knew who I was...
I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that. Totally cracked me up.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Correct!

I know who YOU are.

I've had my eye on you from under my bridge for quite some time...

Now..., don't YOU feel honored.

(or at the very least, a bit creaped out...)

<chuckle>
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
Even if that were true (which, actually, isn't a bad guess, even if it is a joke), the egomaniacal nature of that sentence is just too much for me. If one of my "idols" were to ever say something like that, it would probably cause me to lose quite a lot of respect for them. Imagine Gandhi (disguised as a peasant or something) going up to the Buddha and saying, "You've done great things for the world. And you'd be totally honored if you knew who I was!"
I totally agree with this. the amount of ego stroking required for them to feel that even by being anon they have to tell you how "great" they are.

the only one of them who has that kind of ego that i know of is William Shatner. So thats my guess
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
The early signup date, something on the order of 2008, would seem to support this, though that fact by itself does not necessarily rule out this person just being an old guard player.
Mine says 2008. I don't know why though. I'm not sure what a guard player is and I've never played any other game by Cryptic before. Just interesting you mentioned that because I've noticed mine is before STO was launched. I assumed maybe it was from signing up when the game was still "in development." This was the one computer game I was really looking forward to for a long time so I signed up for a newsletter announcement or whatever.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
Mine says 2008. I don't know why though. I'm not sure what a guard player is and I've never played any other game by Cryptic before. Just interesting you mentioned that because I've noticed mine is before STO was launched. I assumed maybe it was from signing up when the game was still "in development." This was the one computer game I was really looking forward to for a long time so I signed up for a newsletter announcement or whatever.
It's based on when ya registered for the pre-game forums.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
I know who YOU are.

I've had my eye on you from under my bridge for quite some time...

Now..., don't YOU feel honored.

(or at the very least, a bit creaped out...)

<chuckle>
I'm flattered, but not surprised, you're only (possibly?) human...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
I totally agree with this. the amount of ego stroking required for them to feel that even by being anon they have to tell you how "great" they are.

the only one of them who has that kind of ego that i know of is William Shatner. So thats my guess
Better give Takei a call...
Closed Thread