Lt. Commander
# 1 Billing issue
01-07-2012, 08:01 AM
I am gone for a while, long story, get an email to come back an reactivate my charater. Ok, why not. I sign back up for 30 days and what happens? They charge me for a YEAR! Nowhere in the payment section did I select 1 year, I selected 1 month. 1 MONTH!

Now as it turns out, Cryptic amazingly has not customer service number, oh joy. All CS support is done via email or live chat. Well live chat is NOT WORKING and no one has responded to my emails. This is a extrememly poor way of doing business. You make a billing mistake and now the customers have to jump through hoop after hoop and still get no response or resolution.

Can someone from Billing PLEASE contact me directly. I have left my contact number in the multiple support emails I have sent.

Just getting back in and already I am ready to bail. Sad really.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Submit a billing ticket through the Support section on the main website. No one on the forum can help you = especially on Saturday when the Mods are off.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Also, the invite was not to resub. You did not have to do any subscription at all. You simply needed to log into the game and play for free.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Ticket has been submitted. Odds are it getting resolved in a timely manner. Slim and none with Slim being on vacation.

I did follow the instructions but it kept giving me screen after screen to reactivate my account, so I did for 30 days not 1 year.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantivirus View Post
Ticket has been submitted. Odds are it getting resolved in a timely manner. Slim and none with Slim being on vacation.
I would not expect any resolution prior to Monday or Tuesday. As I said above, they don't work during the weekends.

Quote:
I did follow the instructions but it kept giving me screen after screen to reactivate my account, so I did for 30 days not 1 year.
The instructions were to log into the game via launcher: patch and play for free. There was absolutely nothing you needed to do with your account on the website. You never even needed to go to the website.

Anyway, I hope you get a quick resolution.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I would not expect any resolution prior to Monday or Tuesday. As I said above, they don't work during the weekends.

The instructions were to log into the game via launcher: patch and play for free. There was absolutely nothing you needed to do with your account on the website. You never even needed to go to the website.

Anyway, I hope you get a quick resolution.
I understand that but the launcher itself brought up the screen asking for subscription. I have no problems with a subscription but the problem is I chose a 1 month sub, not 1 year sub. Yet the 1 one year is what they charged me for.

That to me, is unacceptable and needs corrected. As I said, I have no problems with paying for a 1 month sub as I am still not sure I will fully come back but I do not want a 1 year sub.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-07-2012, 05:44 PM
I received the email and I am a returning member as well. My launcher never brought up any subscription window. I opened the launcher, put in my old account and password, did the patch and started playing. It never once asked me for any identification of any time, nor did it direct me to the website. It would seem you did two things in error there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-08-2012, 12:41 AM
I seriously followed the instructions it gave me. If it did not happen for you, great, but it did happen for me. I did nothing wrong, I followed the directions it gave me to reactivate my account. I have no problems with a 1 month sub as that will allow me to see the new changes and such. What I have a problem with is being charged for a 1 year sub when I did not choose such.

How they have my cc info on file when I closed that account and removed my cc from that account in March 2011, I have no clue to as well.