Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship Plaque Trophy
01-06-2012, 06:50 AM
Why not have a customisable ship plaque that you can buy in game, and place on board your ship? Even if it is just for roleplay and decoration purposes.

I, for one, would love to have a plaque on board my ship.

It would read:

U.S.S. Nightingale
NX-999656-B
"A shining beacon of light in the darkness"
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-07-2012, 01:14 PM
I was thinking this too, in fact I have a ship plaque for my Sao Paulo which i use as my desktop.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Tauri View Post
I was thinking this too, in fact I have a ship plaque for my Sao Paulo which i use as my desktop.
Cool

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-07-2012, 04:32 PM
I like your idea OP and support it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Yup, There should be a ship plaque on the bridge. The name should be tied to the ship, while the quote should be modified by a ship's lore which can be modfied from the character tab. The ship lore should be set up similar to the character background secton.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-07-2012, 10:13 PM
um might be mistaking, but there are lots of places to put your ship trophies in your starship. they are in you quarters, lounge, ready room.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-08-2012, 12:12 AM
The official plaque, though, is something else entirely. I'd LOVE to put one up in the U.S.S. Crazy Horse. If even one person can learn about who he was and why he is an important historical figure, then it will have done it's job.

While we're at it, can we please have our Chief Medical Officer actually hang out in sick bay?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-08-2012, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjoiner19 View Post
um might be mistaking, but there are lots of places to put your ship trophies in your starship. they are in you quarters, lounge, ready room.
Yeah, but I was talking about being able to create a trophy in the shape of a ship's plaque, that you can hang on any of the 'Shelf' trophy slots, or even a special trophy slot on the bridge perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelchall
The official plaque, though, is something else entirely. I'd LOVE to put one up in the U.S.S. Crazy Horse. If even one person can learn about who he was and why he is an important historical figure, then it will have done it's job.

While we're at it, can we please have our Chief Medical Officer actually hang out in sick bay?
And our Chief Engineer in the engine room. This would be great, but I think they will need to sort out ship interiors first.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-08-2012, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort1980 View Post
Yeah, but I was talking about being able to create a trophy in the shape of a ship's plaque, that you can hang on any of the 'Shelf' trophy slots, or even a special trophy slot on the bridge perhaps.

And our Chief Engineer in the engine room. This would be great, but I think they will need to sort out ship interiors first.
I agree with OP the plaque on the bridge especially with an option of a crest even if it's just a choice of the original series ship badges as worn on the uniform or at least the ability to put a ships bio and especially a motto.

I usually name my ships based on Australian warships so it would be great to use the relevant motto (For example my USS Vampire based on the HMAS Vampire motto would be Audamus 'let us be daring' ( also interesting as it was a daring class destroyer) for the ship and it's nickname 'the bat' as its crest is a vampire bat. The ability to create a plaque and bio for the ship would be great the ability to also be able to put a customizable crest on the hull with the motto on the side would also be great. Giving people the option to put it in the variou trophy areas as well would be ok too.

I think this OP is a good idea. I pay some C-points to be able to do this.