Lt. Commander
# 1 federation romulan charactor
01-08-2012, 02:37 PM
is it possible that romulan charactors will be added to the charactor creator, mabey romulan uniforms (TOS,TNG) aswell
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9870
is it possible that romulan charactors will be added to the charactor creator, mabey romulan uniforms (TOS,TNG) aswell
There's talk about a third faction for Romulans, but it's not likely to happen until 2013. (Granted, I'm just guessing on the date, but based on the current state of the game and what has been discussed as the priorities, this is either a pipe dream or something well into the future.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-08-2012, 02:41 PM
i was just hoping that you could have a federation Romulan
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9870
i was just hoping that you could have a federation Romulan
That I can't recall anything specific on, but because we're at conflict with the Romulans, I don't think it would ever be a standard Federation character. If they wanted to make a "defector" they would probably make it available as a C-Store item. so it's at least possible at some point. I know it's been discussed though (at least by the community), so someone else might have a better answer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-08-2012, 02:45 PM
thats a good idea about having a defector, i spose they could release it as a C-store like they did the Ferengi and Klingon
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-08-2012, 02:50 PM
It will certainly bring an interesting race to the game. Romulan in-game models already exist, so do some uniform sets, so I believe that it isn't that difficult to eventually make them a playable premium race.
Just another step towards having a full playable Romulan/Reman faction.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-08-2012, 02:52 PM
You can always use the "Alien" Race and make your own ... might not be 100% accurate ... but there are some guides how to make a Romulan ... there is even an Romulan Tatoo in the Character Creator
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
That I can't recall anything specific on, but because we're at conflict with the Romulans, I don't think it would ever be a standard Federation character. If they wanted to make a "defector" they would probably make it available as a C-Store item. so it's at least possible at some point. I know it's been discussed though (at least by the community), so someone else might have a better answer.
Stahl once played with the idea out loud on the forums that the Romulans could be splintered down the middle into three factions: one allied with the Klingons, one with the Iconians, and one with the Federation. The idea seemed to be they'd get a few unique missions but eventually choose to side with Feds or Klingons in PvP and later in leveling.

I kinda dug the idea but the forum consensus seemed to be a reborn, unified Romulan Empire as a full faction or bust.

I don't think there is an actual Romulan Empire in this game's timeline at this point, just a bunch of factions locked in civil war, and I personally don't see a reborn Romulan Empire as realistic without some serious deus ex machina (my favored one is that they manage to get the Mirror Romulans' resources) but I think a huge hurdle is that players want a traditional Romulan faction when the game's setting doesn't allow for one; I mean, most of the Romulans are dead or enslaved right now or acting as stormtroopers for the Iconians' plot to annhilate all life in the galaxy.

But, y'know... Whatever.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Well I think the general idea is that even in this timeline, the Romulans are supposed to be a force to be reckoned with. They're definitely splintered now with their homeworld destroyed and the Remans declaring their independence. So that would cause some problems (Remans probably couldn't be a playable character under a Romulan faction). I hadn't really thought that hard about it, but you're right, the mechanics of a Romulan faction are not as black and white as I would like to think of them.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-08-2012, 04:48 PM
I have a romulan as one of my toons on the Fed side, she looks quite good actually