Lt. Commander
# 151
01-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxium
Tried playing klingon yet?
I made one character a few weeks ago and I've not made it out of the city yet. The city itself is pretty amazing. I was honestly impressed with it. There's a lot there compared to ESD. But of course the Federation also has Memory Alpha, DS9, other outposts, etc. I know the Klingon faction is incomplete.

As for why that is (after two years), I wouldn't even want to guess. But if you're implying it's because only about 10% of people play that faction (thus not as profitable?) then I wouldn't disagree, though it's just another example of short-term gain vs. long-term sustainability, because having a full second faction is actually in the best interests of this game.
Lt. Commander
# 152
01-09-2012, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
I made one character a few weeks ago and I've not made it out of the city yet. The city itself is pretty amazing. I was honestly impressed with it. There's a lot there compared to ESD. But of course the Federation also has Memory Alpha, DS9, other outposts, etc. I know the Klingon faction is incomplete.
Yeah, I made my first 'bad guy' since launch, last week. Qo'nos is pretty amazing, it has ot be said. The thing I like best about it is that it's PACKED with NPCs, in a way that you just do not see in other games' capital cities. There's so much life there, it's great.

The only thing I don't like about playing a non-Fed character so far, is that after about an hour, my alien was Commander 21, and I was still on tutorial missions! I understand why they accelerated the curve for Klingons, but I *feel* bad now, because my best, favourite Starfleet character is still LC 17! It would kind of take the shine off her a bit if I let it get to me, but fortunately it makes a nice change to play a hot, seven foot tall orange alien chic for a while.
Lt. Commander
# 153
01-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
It would have gone with F2P anyway.

I don't know if you guys remember this but back when Dan was EP and under Atari, he flat out said that the reason he was able to offer ships for emblems or quest rewards was because there was a spreadsheet showing how many people would be expected to pay another month's subscription due to the grind involved.

If you remove subscription fees, you remove the reason they were offered in-game to begin with.
Another reason why I was against F2P when the conversion concept was first brought up by Cryptic. Forgot who replied in that old thread but their response was "We will see what happens."

Soon ---it will hit the fan and STO will forever be a downgraded, not worth-while MMO...if only the F2P members where those who have been struct hard the past years with the world economey and not the bums that'll be pouring in...though the C-Store focus will probably turn more people off after a short amount of time.

Oh well RIP P2P STO.....you had potential.