Lt. Commander
# 1 Dreadnought Cloaking Device
01-08-2012, 09:25 PM
First let me say that I'm totally cool with making the cloaking device for my dreadnought into an item. I get it. My confusion is this: it is called a cloaking DEVICE, not a cloaking CONSOLE. Therefore, think the cloak should be used in the device slot instead of a console slot. It would make more sense to me. Just my humble opinion. Love the game and the direction it's going. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-08-2012, 11:10 PM
"Cloaking Device" refers to the show references; it should be more properly named "Cloaking Device Console"... though I agree with the sentiment
Lt. Commander
# 3 Device slot
01-08-2012, 11:22 PM
With the exception of the red-matter cap which is an oddity, given for a certain type of game purchase (I can't remember which) I think all ship devices are consumable where-as consoles have infinite uses. As nice as it would be to have it in a device slot, it wouldn't follow the STO standards.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStreutker View Post
With the exception of the red-matter cap which is an oddity, given for a certain type of game purchase (I can't remember which) I think all ship devices are consumable where-as consoles have infinite uses. As nice as it would be to have it in a device slot, it wouldn't follow the STO standards.

The red matter capacitor is one. (Collectors Edition)

Subspace Field Modulator (Devidian Featured Series)

You used to be able to get a reusable shield battery as well. (Mission where you steal a runabout).

There are reusable devices. There just are not many of them.

You have to remember that the game is a game. The whole point of making the cloaking device a console was to give you the option of removing something that was useful in combat and replacing it with something else that was equally useful. That would not be achieved with making the cloaking device a device.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-10-2012, 06:44 PM
LOL. You can't blame a guy for trying.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-15-2012, 05:37 PM
I just want to know did anyone else expierience a "growth" of cloaking devices...

My engineer character had the cloaking device (1) in his bank and over the past couple days...I now have 4 cloaking devices...cool, but odd.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-15-2012, 05:57 PM
I think the universal ship consols and other "gimmicks" should be possible to use in either device or consol slots. I rarely use the device slots except for the items that are multiple use.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o4q View Post
First let me say that I'm totally cool with making the cloaking device for my dreadnought into an item. I get it. My confusion is this: it is called a cloaking DEVICE, not a cloaking CONSOLE. Therefore, think the cloak should be used in the device slot instead of a console slot. It would make more sense to me. Just my humble opinion. Love the game and the direction it's going. Thanks!
I am in compleet agreeance i think that all the councles like this should be made into devices instead i mean its not like we have a bunh of devices to go putting in them
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStreutker View Post
Not true the sub-space feild modjulator has unlimited uses i just think that there is not enough deversity when it comes to devices
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAlaska
I just want to know did anyone else expierience a "growth" of cloaking devices...

My engineer character had the cloaking device (1) in his bank and over the past couple days...I now have 4 cloaking devices...cool, but odd.
Yes one of my toons got that expereince in its Inventory