Lt. Commander
This is me venting. I doubt this will be read by the people that really need to read it, but here I am posting it anyway, just so that it is out there. I have been happily playing STO since day 1 as a lifetime subscriber. I was lucky enough to not suffer from too many bugs, and when I did they seemed to be taken care of in a timely fashion. It would seem this is no longer the case as the past several bugs, inquiries, ect. I have made sit unanswered, or seem to simply get deleted by devs as if they never existed?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Don't feel too bad. Customer service is dead.

With the huge success of the grab bags, the pursuit of money's really taken the reigns. With people sinking thousands upon thousands of dollars into a negligible chance of actually getting what one is looking for; as opposed to simply buying it for a set cost; all new content, costumes, ships, and gear, I expect will be in the form of lottery grab bags, with ever decreasing odds. Long-term subscribership is a joke compared to the profits generated by frequent release of petty, insignificant items that rarely have any value, or give one player an edge over another.

It's already becoming evident, with CO's Scourge and Earth powersets having the costume pieces grab bag exclusive and no other way of unlocking them yet announced. Should I even mention the Jem'Hadar ship? I'm sure even Gabe Newell is smirking at the profits that they generated.

It doesn't matter that we still have Day 1 bugs, or that powers and items are being devalued right in front of our eyes to make way for 'better, prettier, and more useless' grab bag items, as long as we keep shoveling money into their pits, that's the only thing that'll take precedence.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-08-2012, 07:53 PM
It's true, Customer satisfaction is no longer a priority. If it was, they would try to satisfy the majority. If they cared about that, they would have more than 2 Featured Episodes planned for 2012. There will be corporate rhetoric, but nothing more. They care about money. If you don't believe me, research the new owners.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Lifetime since day one, never a problem, still not a problem. Of course I don't experience "bugs" or whine like a lot of others do. Guess I'm lucky.......
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-08-2012, 08:28 PM
They don't respond to bug reports unless they want more information, but good luck noticing that if it happens. Don't ever expect it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-08-2012, 10:08 PM
I suppose I'm one of the lucky ones. I've rarely had an issue with Customer Service only once ever getting a bad response to a ticket (which was partially my fault anyways for not explaining myself). Even recently it's been still very nicely handled.

*shrugs*
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
Lifetime since day one, never a problem, still not a problem. Of course I don't experience "bugs" or whine like a lot of others do. Guess I'm lucky.......
Same here.

I have only ever had problems on the Tribble test server (which is understandable) and those were pretty mine in my opinion.

Lucky too I guess.