Lt. Commander
# 1 Just Back In Game - Tips?
01-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Just got back to the game after a while away. Any tips for ground PvP? Tactics are fine, but I'm looking more for skills tips, since they got revamped in my absence...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Well, as required by the Rules of STO PvP... "lolground."

Now that that's out of the way... I can't tell you much of anything regarding ground beyond the fact that Tacs with Cloaks and shotguns can (and will) one-shot you in the face.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Well, as required by the Rules of STO PvP... "lolground."

Now that that's out of the way... I can't tell you much of anything regarding ground beyond the fact that Tacs with Cloaks and shotguns can (and will) one-shot you in the face.
this.

and welcome back.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-08-2012, 10:02 PM
So....... no changes then? Seemed like everything was normal when I played an assault map just now (except that I didn't kill everyone 60-0, like I totally did before I left. For serious).
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Quote:
So....... no changes then? Seemed like everything was normal when I played an assault map just now (except that I didn't kill everyone 60-0, like I totally did before I left. For serious).
I notice one change - you're funnier than I remember! Welcome back and may you one-shot people in the face 60-0 again as you always did, I am sure!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I notice one change - you're funnier than I remember! Welcome back and may you one-shot people in the face 60-0 again as you always did, I am sure!
Ha, thanks. I don't suppose there was even a chance you took me seriously?

Anyways... no tips for allocating skills? I've only played on my Engineer so far, but it seems like you really have to choose trade offs with the 100k cap, between general damage and protection, and then specific class skills.

Also, what's this new threat control thing? I see it's probably for "tanks" in PvE, but in PvP, how good is the damage protection it provides?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post

Also, what's this new threat control thing? I see it's probably for "tanks" in PvE, but in PvP, how good is the damage protection it provides?
We do not know as the skill does not say and when skilled and used no numbers change on the ship UI during testing under the defense menu.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Ha, thanks. I don't suppose there was even a chance you took me seriously?
Not the way you wrote it, otherwise I would have believed you. You could certainly 60:0 me in Ground PvP.

Quote:
I'd suggest a Tribble test and posting the results here. I am not convinced it will be worth it, the initial reports regarding the space skills on this indicate a relatively small number.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Just got back to the game after a while away. Any tips for ground PvP? Tactics are fine, but I'm looking more for skills tips, since they got revamped in my absence...
tip for you guy to the store but star wars and look at a real game with some future cause this one is dying
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmack
tip for you guy to the store but star wars and look at a real game with some future cause this one is dying
man, if it only had space pvp, id be in.