Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Just Back In Game - Tips?
01-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Just got back to the game after a while away. Any tips for ground PvP? Tactics are fine, but I'm looking more for skills tips, since they got revamped in my absence...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Well, as required by the Rules of STO PvP... "lolground."

Now that that's out of the way... I can't tell you much of anything regarding ground beyond the fact that Tacs with Cloaks and shotguns can (and will) one-shot you in the face.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Well, as required by the Rules of STO PvP... "lolground."

Now that that's out of the way... I can't tell you much of anything regarding ground beyond the fact that Tacs with Cloaks and shotguns can (and will) one-shot you in the face.
this.

and welcome back.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-08-2012, 10:02 PM
So....... no changes then? Seemed like everything was normal when I played an assault map just now (except that I didn't kill everyone 60-0, like I totally did before I left. For serious).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Quote:
So....... no changes then? Seemed like everything was normal when I played an assault map just now (except that I didn't kill everyone 60-0, like I totally did before I left. For serious).
I notice one change - you're funnier than I remember! Welcome back and may you one-shot people in the face 60-0 again as you always did, I am sure!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I notice one change - you're funnier than I remember! Welcome back and may you one-shot people in the face 60-0 again as you always did, I am sure!
Ha, thanks. I don't suppose there was even a chance you took me seriously?

Anyways... no tips for allocating skills? I've only played on my Engineer so far, but it seems like you really have to choose trade offs with the 100k cap, between general damage and protection, and then specific class skills.

Also, what's this new threat control thing? I see it's probably for "tanks" in PvE, but in PvP, how good is the damage protection it provides?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post

Also, what's this new threat control thing? I see it's probably for "tanks" in PvE, but in PvP, how good is the damage protection it provides?
We do not know as the skill does not say and when skilled and used no numbers change on the ship UI during testing under the defense menu.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Ha, thanks. I don't suppose there was even a chance you took me seriously?
Not the way you wrote it, otherwise I would have believed you. You could certainly 60:0 me in Ground PvP.

Quote:
Also, what's this new threat control thing? I see it's probably for "tanks" in PvE, but in PvP, how good is the damage protection it provides?
I'd suggest a Tribble test and posting the results here. I am not convinced it will be worth it, the initial reports regarding the space skills on this indicate a relatively small number.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Just got back to the game after a while away. Any tips for ground PvP? Tactics are fine, but I'm looking more for skills tips, since they got revamped in my absence...
tip for you guy to the store but star wars and look at a real game with some future cause this one is dying
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmack
tip for you guy to the store but star wars and look at a real game with some future cause this one is dying
man, if it only had space pvp, id be in.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:12 AM.