Lt. Commander
# 31
01-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
I think everyone deserves a fresh start after the so called Atari Rules.
I disagree 100%.

I would prefer to not deal again with the person who wished a brutal death upon me multiple times and multiple ways, including urinating on my ashes after because I stated that their technical issues were most likely on their computer instead of Cryptic's servers.

The forum rules are simple and ANYONE here is easily capable of following them.. Those that voluntarily chose to break the very simple rules deserve their punishment. If they do the crime they must be willing to accept the ramifications.

That said, Stormshade has already stated in the past after the PWE acquisition that if someone wants to appeal their voluntarily earned infraction record / banning they can submit a ticket to CS for review.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
I disagree 100%.

I would prefer to not deal again with the person who wished a brutal death upon me multiple times and multiple ways, including urinating on my ashes after because I stated that their technical issues were most likely on their computer instead of Cryptic's servers.

The forum rules are simple and ANYONE here is easily capable of following them.. Those that voluntarily chose to break the very simple rules deserve their punishment. If they do the crime they must be willing to accept the ramifications.

That said, Stormshade has already stated in the past after the PWE acquisition that if someone wants to appeal their voluntarily earned infraction record / banning they can submit a ticket to CS for review.
You do realize the world is in color, do you not? The point being that you're looking at this from a very black and white perspective. I am sorry for what happened to you, but I've no doubt that person was banned for those actions as they are quite egregious and no one is suggesting that it should be excused. (Banned = No Fresh Start)

What is being suggested here is that simple infractions (like accidentally posting too many lines in your signature or posting to an old thread on accident) can now get you banned because it only takes four points. As some have said, simple matters have now made it so their accounts are in jeopardy under these new rules. Surely you would think that's worth taking into consideration?
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
You do realize the world is in color, do you not? The point being that you're looking at this from a very black and white perspective. I am sorry for what happened to you, but I've no doubt that person was banned for those actions as they are quite egregious and no one is suggesting that it should be excused. (Banned = No Fresh Start)

What is being suggested here is that simple infractions (like accidentally posting too many lines in your signature or posting to an old thread on accident) can now get you banned because it only takes four points. As some have said, simple matters have now made it so their accounts are in jeopardy under these new rules. Surely you would think that's worth taking into consideration?
You should really consider re-reading the post I was responding to... Please note the word "everyone":

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
I think everyone deserves a fresh start after the so called Atari Rules.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
You should really consider re-reading the post I was responding to... Please note the word "everyone":
I saw that, but I don't think that's the real implication of what he meant. I don't know, I think it's kind of common sense that if someone were banned, then they probably shouldn't be reconsidered. Getting banned is pretty serious; I doubt it happens on a whim (under the old system).

You said above you disagreed 100%. Perhaps a more accurate representation is that you'd disagree 100% with anyone who was banned, but perhaps there is some gray area here due to the much lower point scale that warrants taking a fresh look at this?

You say it's easy to follow the forum rules, but it's really not so black and white all the time. Even using common sense can get you into trouble here. Just being human and saying something that is misinterpreted or poorly articulated can get you into trouble.

And with an infraction scale of 4 points gets you banned? I feel bad for those who have said they have 3 already from simple things, like forum signatures. How would you feel if you were suddenly put into that position of being one step away from expulsion, having done nothing further to warrant it?
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
I saw that, but I don't think that's the real implication of what he meant. I don't know, I think it's kind of common sense that if someone were banned, then they probably shouldn't be reconsidered. Getting banned is pretty serious; I doubt it happens on a whim (under the old system).

You said above you disagreed 100%. Perhaps a more accurate representation is that you'd disagree 100% with anyone who was banned, but perhaps there is some gray area here due to the much lower point scale that warrants taking a fresh look at this?

You say it's easy to follow the forum rules, but it's really not so black and white all the time. Even using common sense can get you into trouble here. Just being human and saying something that is misinterpreted or poorly articulated can get you into trouble.

And with an infraction scale of 4 points gets you banned? I feel bad for those who have said they have 3 already from simple things, like forum signatures. How would you feel if you were suddenly put into that position of being one step away from expulsion, having done nothing further to warrant it?
So in your mind, when someone clearly says "everyone" they do not mean "everyone"? Uhh.. Ok. I tend to follow the dictionary my self.

It is easy to follow the rules. The only one which had some ambiguity in my book was the signature rule as they do not specifically say that the STO forum's BB code text inserts (like the word "Quote") counts against your signature line max total.

Otherwise, things like do not insult people, do not try to sell things, do not pretend to work for Cryptic, etc.. Are all very simple and clearly defined.

But, here is the official quote of what I stated before: *Underlines are mine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
I spent some time up at PWE today getting to know the community team there. They're a nice bunch of folks.

For reference, here's a copy of their forum rules (From Forsaken World's Forums). There's things I both like, and don't like about them.

They're much shorter, and don't have the legalese our rules do. Rule # 15 is kind of scary to me, although I can understand the purpose.

As far as your friends go, they're more than welcome to file a community ticket requesting amnesty. I'll look at their infraction history, and why they were banned, and make a decision based on that.

For now, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread down.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:
So in your mind, when someone clearly says "everyone" they do not mean "everyone"? Uhh.. Ok. I tend to follow the dictionary my self.
Of course not, but in the context of the discussion of this thread, I think it was implied. But you've clearly made up your mind, regardless, and you're welcome to your opinion, so I will just leave it at that. I hope you're having an enjoyable weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Of course not, but in the context of the discussion of this thread, I think it was implied. But you've clearly made up your mind, regardless, and you're welcome to your opinion, so I will just leave it at that. I hope you're having an enjoyable weekend.
Good enough. I am indeed enjoying my weekend. I hope yours is fun as well.

Lt. Commander
# 38
01-09-2012, 11:28 AM
There is way too much rule breaking going on in this thread. If you have a question about the rules, please send in a community ticket, as was mentioned here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...85#post3936185

Q
Closed Thread