Lt. Commander
# 21
12-22-2011, 06:25 PM
I used the live chat too. My rep told me my ticket was escalated to the next tier but couldn't say for sure if I would get any of my stuff back.

The Mk XII Vet gear I got for the S5 luanch is pretty much the only thing I can't replace. All told I lost about 10 Mil EC alone. But at least my toons weren't deleted.

I figure if I buy some red boxes and sell them on the exchange that should get me at least 2 Mil a box. So for less then 10 bucks I should have all my stuff back. But I would have much rather paypaled the guy who hacked my account the ten bucks then deal with re-gearing all my Boffs.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-23-2011, 02:20 AM
Hope this prompts anyone to remove whatever Credit Card information they have for the game. Sure it's convenient to have it while purchasing in game, but won't be convenient after you get hacked.
Lt. Commander
# 23 Update #2
12-25-2011, 05:17 AM
Glad this is getting some people talking.

My GM ticket has been passed to the "next tier of support" and left open. I guess I will wait to hear from them. I remain hopeful. I will let you all know what happens.
For the discussion/facts/feathers in your cap, I was not using a yahoo mail account.
And short of an entire database hack, your credit card information is secure if someone just phishes your account password or cracks it. I hope. I'll be watching that too.
Hope to see you all around soon.
-B
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-25-2011, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhuark View Post
Glad this is getting some people talking.

My GM ticket has been passed to the "next tier of support" and left open. I guess I will wait to hear from them. I remain hopeful. I will let you all know what happens.
For the discussion/facts/feathers in your cap, I was not using a yahoo mail account.
And short of an entire database hack, your credit card information is secure if someone just phishes your account password or cracks it. I hope. I'll be watching that too.
Hope to see you all around soon.
-B
The credit card is secure, it only shows the last 4 digits. The only thing they could do is charge c-store points to your card, which should of already showed up on your credit card invoices (if ya use their website for example) so I'd check that for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 25 Updated
01-09-2012, 03:43 PM
After 19 days, my ticket's were updated.
On Jan. 4th, I was sent a message of my ticket being updated. I was told that I could have a roll-back to December 16th, 2011...and that I would need to provide the character names involved in a ticket edit.
I guess this just "Happened" as the ticket is now closed and I can not edit the ticket.
Whether the rollback occurred or not, I can't tell, as all the items are still gone.
As I can't get any follow-up, through the means provided in game, I will solicit some advice from the forums again.
-B

SOAPBOX: Other than that, I feel stymied by support. The GM took the appropriate action in forwarding my request, but then I get some confusing messages and instructions from the "next tier" ( like editing a ticket that can not be edited ) with a pretty ineffectual answer to the problem.
I'm patently beginning to believe ( based on this and other reported problems from trolling forums and listening to friends/contacts ) that lifetime members get sub-standard support compared to month-to-month subscribers. This saddens me, not because I feel cheated, but because I really enjoyed STO. However, when two years of progress melt away, its a little daunting to give a ringing endorsement of the game, at least on the support side.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
On Jan. 4th, I was sent a message of my ticket being updated. I was told that I could have a roll-back to December 16th, 2011...and that I would need to provide the character names involved in a ticket edit.
I guess this just "Happened" as the ticket is now closed and I can not edit the ticket.
Whether the rollback occurred or not, I can't tell, as all the items are still gone.
As I can't get any follow-up, through the means provided in game, I will solicit some advice from the forums again.
-B

SOAPBOX: Other than that, I feel stymied by support. The GM took the appropriate action in forwarding my request, but then I get some confusing messages and instructions from the "next tier" ( like editing a ticket that can not be edited ) with a pretty ineffectual answer to the problem.
I'm patently beginning to believe ( based on this and other reported problems from trolling forums and listening to friends/contacts ) that lifetime members get sub-standard support compared to month-to-month subscribers. This saddens me, not because I feel cheated, but because I really enjoyed STO. However, when two years of progress melt away, its a little daunting to give a ringing endorsement of the game, at least on the support side.
You problem was weel beyond the pay grade of a GM to fix. Typically for issues like that it required someone in the 3rd tier of support which means developers and/or DBAs. They have to pull all of your characters from their back ups, perform any data updates (for system updates and patches), and they replace your game data with the backup data w/o loosing anything ot munging up the game database. People may mock te analogy, but it's akin to doing surgery. It's hard to do and very easy to mess something up.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
-B
I had a different issue in the past but similar results with a ticket that could not be edited. I would post all your Ticket ID #'s here. With luck maybe a kind hearted moderator or dev could poke someone on the GM Team to help you.

At the same time, I would open another ticket saying you "Need to Re-Open Ticket ID xxxxx because your issue is still not resolved and you need to reply to that ticket as requested by support".
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-11-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm on day 8 myself with absolutely no response from support. I didn't lose items, but I did lose over 300 mil in credits! And I'm not sure when exactly it happened, which drives me nuts. I know I had it during the mid-days of the holiday event since I was eying an attack ship, but decided not to. Then next I checked my credits, poof, gone. All I got from live chat is "issue being investigated." So fingers crossed for everyone who it's happened to...
Lt. Commander
# 29 Updated
01-17-2012, 05:57 AM
So, today I got a ticket response from a member of the senior team informing me that she had been told that my characters had been rolled back to a previous date and thanking me for my patience.

NOTHING'S HAPPENED.

Two years of playing and I'm still out in the wind.
I don't know if she had been told improperly, or if the roll-back was delayed or what, but Cryptic support has taken over a month to resolve this issue, and it hasn't been resolved. I will wait for a reply regarding my latest ticket edit ( informing them nothing's happened ) before I close this post. Buyer beware.
Lt. Commander
# 30 Updated
01-20-2012, 05:02 AM
My edited ticket got another response from Jenny today. They are looking at a date further back in time to restore my account to. There is still hope.