Lt. Commander
# 11
01-08-2012, 05:10 AM
no chance.
Cryptic is trying to control the message better.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-08-2012, 07:40 AM
Once STO Goes F2PAY
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
With the last couple of Blogs, Their temporary EP seems a bit vague..., shall-we-say...,

... about the history of Their own postings...

You really think he knows enough about actually playing the game to answer the multitude of questions we'd throw at him???

Might just as well ask the few Dev's that post in the threads, or Brandon for that matter... (Least He's played the game!)

(Probably be StormShade or BranFlakes 'ghost-writing' anyway.)

<shrug>
You could say that, but when you get devs saying something, and then outright lie by saying thats not what they meant or they didnt say it, doesn't help

Id love to see the "ask cryptic" come back, but I think they are so far gone, there would be little point

Id love to be prooved wrong though
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
no chance.
Cryptic is trying to control the message better.
This,

TBH, I've come to appreciate D Angelo's style. He doesn't make promises. He controls the conversation and He's a just the facts type of guy. (I'm not saying he always gets the facts right either.)

With the old Ask Cryptic,
In response to our questions, I often felt that Dan tried to get us/keep us, excited about the game, often to the point that some of the things he told us became "promises", then ended up all broken.....

I would imagine It's not easy delivering news we don't want to hear either way.

I can look back and see this.

I dunno, It's Sunday morning after church when I type this, so I'm feeling charitable.
I go to work in an hour, I'm sure my opinion will revert to something more "vengeful" after a day in the proverbial dilithium mines.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-08-2012, 12:27 PM
But what is there to ask, that we can actually trust them to have answers to, that they could stick with?
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
<snip>
Might just as well ask the few Dev's that post in the threads, or Brandon for that matter... (Least He's played the game!)

(Probably be StormShade or BranFlakes 'ghost-writing' anyway.)

<shrug>
On this note, that's something I'd like to see, questions answered by the staff of Cryptic, not just one person. To me, this would open up the field to a wide variety of material that could be covered.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Zero
On this note, that's something I'd like to see, questions answered by the staff of Cryptic, not just one person. To me, this would open up the field to a wide variety of material that could be covered.
Yep! Here's a good example. Who do I have to pester to help get the rights to get the Vesta in-game?
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-09-2012, 05:36 PM
I would be nice to have it back, but since cryptic is all hush, hush about things to come, it would be quite useless, since all of these responses would most likely end with “Soon”™

Q: New content?
A: Coming Soon

Q: New Ships?

Q: Bug fixes?

I really don’t see the point in wasting the developers time in this as most of the questions will most likely have to do with upcoming things in the game.
As we all know “soon” can mean any time from 1 day to 1 year or more.

Case in point “PVP”, “KDF”
If you have to ask then there REALLY is no point in having it back.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D207 View Post
I would be nice to have it back, but since cryptic is all hush, hush about things to come, it would be quite useless, since all of these responses would most likely end with “Soon”™

I really don’t see the point in wasting the developers time in this as most of the questions will most likely have to do with upcoming things in the game.

A lot of good ideeas and suggestions came out of some previous Ask Cryptic's. I'm going to go on record and say, Cryptic needs ideas DESPERATELY!
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by D207 View Post

A lot of good ideeas and suggestions came out of some previous Ask Cryptic's. I'm going to go on record and say, Cryptic needs ideas DESPERATELY!
Anything and everything helps!