Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
01-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
I support this idea, and suggest the name "Captain's Performance Review."

Make the replay mission a random draw, so you don't know what it is before it pops up.
I dont agree with this one. I say let people play the episodes they want. If person A wants to play through them all in order(which I would probably do) then so be it. If person B wants to skip around or only play their faves then thats fine too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
01-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
So what should this daily be called?
I think this Daily would most likely be called: "Not Gonna Happen."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
01-11-2012, 12:00 AM
It could also be called: Déjà Vu

Even funnier would be if they actually added some tiny element to all these episodes that was different. An extra NPC. Different NPC actions. An extra interactable item. Something indicating messing up the timeline or something like that.
It wouldn't have be build in from the start - as an ongoing project, every mission eventually gets a small addition.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
01-11-2012, 02:58 AM
Another daily mission would be one of them diplomacy missions that you could just do the once before and that was it but a repeatable one would be cool. I did like the bajor one.

Another daily mission would be a random mission something like a random trade mission like at X talk to B pickup C take to X deliver to Y. So the letters could be random places and npcs and items so the mission changes all the time and with it being generic enough it will get ppl to do somit and somit different each time. Plus make it so you discover the mission and not have it show up as a typical mission so it has a certain "discovery" element about it. So to do the mission you would have to actually be talking to a npc to get it and you would never know who was giving the mission as it changes all the time and you couldnt just open ur "available" missions tab and see it and know where to go and what it entails.

Would be a great feature to add imo as a random chance encounter mission that changes and is never the same well except that you do Y which is probably trade something but if the tech can randomise it from a tradable good then cool. Needs a decent reward for discovering the mission and doing the mission successfully tho as even tho the mission could be easy as simple trade the finding of it is probably going to be tricky as you would never know where it is or which npc is giving it out. Hmm maybe a channel would be setup like red alert channel so players can share where they spotted the npc mission giver and maybe have the npc mission giver change per hour? Would be a nice daily imo and very trek. Also with this idea you could maybe do ground version and a space version and also other opportunity like instead of trading you could assist ppl with tasks. Start basic and work to add more variables over time to flesh the random chance random location mission?

One other idea struck me. Rescue a random ship from a nebula daily? Like something from generations where they rescue the El-Aurian refugees. Possibly non combat usage of the tractor beam or something too, could even maybe have a ds9 wormhole rescue mission out of it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
01-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterUK View Post
Another daily mission would be one of them diplomacy missions that you could just do the once before and that was it but a repeatable one would be cool. I did like the bajor one.

Another daily mission would be a random mission something like a random trade mission like at X talk to B pickup C take to X deliver to Y. So the letters could be random places and npcs and items so the mission changes all the time and with it being generic enough it will get ppl to do somit and somit different each time. Plus make it so you discover the mission and not have it show up as a typical mission so it has a certain "discovery" element about it. So to do the mission you would have to actually be talking to a npc to get it and you would never know who was giving the mission as it changes all the time and you couldnt just open ur "available" missions tab and see it and know where to go and what it entails.

Would be a great feature to add imo as a random chance encounter mission that changes and is never the same well except that you do Y which is probably trade something but if the tech can randomise it from a tradable good then cool. Needs a decent reward for discovering the mission and doing the mission successfully tho as even tho the mission could be easy as simple trade the finding of it is probably going to be tricky as you would never know where it is or which npc is giving it out. Hmm maybe a channel would be setup like red alert channel so players can share where they spotted the npc mission giver and maybe have the npc mission giver change per hour? Would be a nice daily imo and very trek. Also with this idea you could maybe do ground version and a space version and also other opportunity like instead of trading you could assist ppl with tasks. Start basic and work to add more variables over time to flesh the random chance random location mission?

One other idea struck me. Rescue a random ship from a nebula daily? Like something from generations where they rescue the El-Aurian refugees. Possibly non combat usage of the tractor beam or something too, could even maybe have a ds9 wormhole rescue mission out of it?
Good ideas, just not what I'm talking about in this thread.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
01-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Well, I just replayed a storyline mission I havent played in forever, and I did it on my VA character flying my T2 Exeter. It really was alot of fun. Cryptic would be doing themselves such a favor if they made this a daily and gave people a "real" reason to do it besides simply being bored.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
01-30-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Cryptic would be doing themselves such a favor if they made this a daily and gave people a "real" reason to do it besides simply being bored.
I'm just sayin =P
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
01-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Good idea. Hereby supported.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
01-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Good ideas, just not what I'm talking about in this thread.
I know but using the title of the thread i thought ppl could post ideas for dailys so i did so. Your idea is nice too, maybe a variation on the investigate officer reports but for storyline instead of foundry in essence? Do 3 storyboard missions and get 1000 dilithium for your time or somit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
01-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterUK View Post
I know but using the title of the thread i thought ppl could post ideas for dailys so i did so. Your idea is nice too, maybe a variation on the investigate officer reports but for storyline instead of foundry in essence? Do 3 storyboard missions and get 1000 dilithium for your time or somit.
Wow, I dont know about that. You get 1440 dillithium for doing 3 star cluster missions, and the storyline missions are alot longer than those. If you had to do 3 storyline missions for the daily I would think that would be worth up to 5k. That said, 1000 might be a fair amount if you only had to do one storyline mission for the daily. 1 a day would also be a way to keep them from feeling too repetitive over time, and make the cycle of going through them all last longer.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:18 PM.