Lt. Commander
# 101
01-11-2012, 07:14 AM
Those missions are not working properly and the next patch should fix them. You can possibly hold onto them and get the specified reward when the patch goes live. Seems their patching it on Tribble today and I don't know when for Holo. There will not be any retroactive rewards so its best to just not turn in the mision when its completed.

I have heard that sometimes it says Blue reward and you get green, also sometimes it says white and you get a purple seems to be very random the reward at the moment the most likely outcome is white. Everyone who' doing Asylum mission is waiting for it to get fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodell View Post
Found some rare DO missions the other day, called “Asylum on [planet xx]” and they take just 1 refugee and swap it for a seemly random DO of Green/Blue/Purple quality, depending on the outcome.

Just a quick warning to all, the missions are bugged all to hell and back right now…so be warned.

I did 4 of them and this is what I got:
“Asylum on Tellar Prime”, I used a common on this one just to try it out and I got a Blue doctor named ‘Kapba”. Because of this nice outcome I then used my last common and brought 2 uncommon off the exchange for the next 3 missions.
“Asylum on Saurian Homeworld”, stated that I was to get a Purple named “Illogcu” but it dropped a white common instead.
“Asylum on Earth”, again, it stated a purple and again it dropped a white common.
“Asylum on Valcan”, said I was to get a blue DO and yet again, I get a white one.
I submitted some tickets on this, but after the last customer service experience, I have no expectations that it will get fixed at all or that it will even get read by a person and not just a bot.

I would very much like to hear if anyone gets wrong drops on this mission too.
Lt. Commander
# 102
01-11-2012, 11:29 AM
First, yes, a fix for the Refugee assignments that weren't pointing to the right reward tables is in the pipeline.

Second, it should never be telling you a specific duty officer will be a reward before you have actually received it, because the server actually doesn't know. There has been a recurring bug where the server keeps trying to be helpful and guessing to predict the reward, which unfortunately isn't what we want. Our UI programmer is working on a fix for this.
Lt. Commander
# 103
01-11-2012, 01:23 PM
I've already written a new section for the guide on the Asylum assignments, but I'm waiting until the bug fix goes in before I add it to the guide.
Lt. Commander
# 104 Experienced the same.......
01-13-2012, 03:09 AM
Hi all.

Yes, I have experienced the same as Kodell, too. I got white Doffs, also. Heretic - tyvm ahead of time for UI people getting them fixed.......

P.S. I have 2 Fed VAs (Talulir - my 1st character - and Jackie O. Markuss) now and still only one KDF LG Shin'estrrios - I have one KDF close at 45 Level right now thanks to the Doff System (love playing my Doffs!!!!!!!) --- I have 12 characters all together.......
Lt. Commander
# 105 Wow!
01-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Some of the Duty Officer Assignments titles and descriptions sound like sooooooo much EPIC FUN!!!

Im WISHING that maybe Cryptic will make them ALL real missions, where we can elect to run them with DOFFs as our away team or let it be automated like it is now. Double rewards if we complete it ourselves manually. Would be cool since a lot of the assignments arent just kill this or that. Fixing systems on the ships or certain structures could be mini-games. Talking to diplomats and first contact assignments are FUN and could be a series of converstaion statements where how we answer determines success and i can go on and on.!

Lets see
Lt. Commander
# 106
01-16-2012, 11:55 AM
It would be cool if DOFF that had specific names have a story blurb like Magic Cards do.
Lt. Commander
# 107
01-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonCapitan
It would be cool if DOFF that had specific names have a story blurb like Magic Cards do.
Duty officers that are handcrafted rather than being algorithmically generated frequently do in fact have story blurbs.
Lt. Commander
# 108
01-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
frequently do in fact have story blurbs, in fact.
In fact, they do!
Lt. Commander
# 109
01-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonCapitan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Duty officers that are handcrafted rather than being algorithmically generated frequently do in fact have story blurbs.
Aye, and I love the flavor text on both MTG Cards and the DOffs. One of my favorites right now is on the Purple (Gorn?) Security Officer for Fed T4 Diplomacy, which says something to the effect of: "Don't worry about the Klingons sir. They will not touch you." -- Just something a bad-a** Secret Service officer would say. It's cool.
Lt. Commander
# 110
01-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Hmm, I missed this "flavour text" you speak of...