Lt. Commander
# 1 KvK
01-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Just curious, why is KvK pretty much dead?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Because all the *hardcore* Klingon PvP players with their shiny CSTORE ships and consoles like to Que up for FvK arena and continually wipe the floor with the returning F2P casual Federation players. Winning 15-0 with the occasional spawn camp is MUCH more fun than playing an even match!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-10-2012, 11:24 PM
The real reason is twofold: Firstly, due to the population imbalance, it's easier to find a full team of Fed opponents queued up than it is two full KDF teams. Secondly, back before the KDF had a wider array of non-cloaking ships in its roster, KvK was pretty much pointless because no one would decloak, so it was largely given up on.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-10-2012, 11:38 PM
You are the guy who tried to create that "super KDF alliance" a while back aren't you?

Think back to that forum thread... I belive that will answer your question.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-11-2012, 07:42 AM
18% of us spread to thin to ever get the que to pop?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-11-2012, 07:51 AM
The other queues just pop so much quicker that it's become a rare event for KvKs. My "kill klingon ships" mission, or whatever, rarely gets completed. Maybe once or twice on each of my klink toons for the entire seven or eight months I've been playing klink side.

That said, one of the three queues I always sign up for is always a KvK. The FvK pops first 99% of the time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen.Montgomery View Post
Because all the *hardcore* Klingon PvP players with their shiny CSTORE ships and consoles like to Que up for FvK arena and continually wipe the floor with the returning F2P casual Federation players. Winning 15-0 with the occasional spawn camp is MUCH more fun than playing an even match!
Most of those klingon players that mop the floor in FvK are the same ones that hop into their fed ships when the FvK queues are dead and still end up mopping that floor. Food for thought
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo80 View Post
The other queues just pop so much quicker that it's become a rare event for KvKs. My "kill klingon ships" mission, or whatever, rarely gets completed. Maybe once or twice on each of my klink toons for the entire seven or eight months I've been playing klink side.

That said, one of the three queues I always sign up for is always a KvK. The FvK pops first 99% of the time.

Well I think it would be very interesting to have a KvK pvp competition set up some how. Grand Prize? Damn if I know what it would be. Not sure there would be some ground rules like 'after initial alpha strike, standard cloaks aren't feasible and there is to be battle cloaking only'. I'm more inclined to believe the above mentioned is the main source of contention as there are a good number of K-pvpers. Might be nice to see which House comes out on top... that and level faster via pvp like in the old days where I could level lickety split just by queuing up.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen.Montgomery View Post
My shiny new consoles didn't help the two pugs I ran Arena in the other night. Maybe mine are broken as we lost twice 15-0 and only did well in the CnH arena's due to better tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaffargue
Most of those klingon players that mop the floor in FvK are the same ones that hop into their fed ships when the FvK queues are dead and still end up mopping that floor. Food for thought
Very true. Nothing replaces experience and knowledge which the F2Pers will not have untilt hey get thier lumps, ask questions and play enough to learn the ins and outs of PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Nah FvK is rather easy for my Klink, but that's mostly because you hardly see any experienced Feds in FvK. Most of the recognisably good Fed PvPers stick to FvF.

Never queue for KvK, mostly due to how KvK used to be back when all ships cloaked, but also the prospect of having to face P2W consoles and drones. In FvK the AMS console is really really annoying, but it's no where near as deadly as energy syphons, tachyon drones, theta-radiation, aceton assimilators, bio-neural trics and graviton pulse.