Lt. Commander
# 1 Fighting Devidians
10-06-2011, 06:36 PM
What are the best weapons to use against the Devidians?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-06-2011, 06:43 PM
The best weapon to use against the devidians is the Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Rifle which you get from the Spin the Wheel mission.

Keep in mind that any weapon works fine though and generally in STO enemies aren't weaker against certain types of weapons unless the weapon description says otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-07-2011, 07:11 AM
The above weapon's alternate fire does more damage when they're phase shifted (they change color and go transparent with a cloud effect around them), but it's not a massive improvement over any other weapon, other than being pretty nice in and of itself. The best place to gain advantage against them aren't in your weapons.

The mission Skirmish gives a personal shield with a high psionic resistance that does wonders against them.

Hyposprays. Lots of them. Most of the stronger devidians have a nasty attack that combines a hold with a health drain, and a lot of their damage ignores shields. Hyposprays break the hold, which also breaks the drain. Fighting a phantasm, that drain can easily leave your entire team at low health and vulnerable to getting wiped out in another.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
The above weapon's alternate fire does more damage when they're phase shifted (they change color and go transparent with a cloud effect around them), but it's not a massive improvement over any other weapon, other than being pretty nice in and of itself. The best place to gain advantage against them aren't in your weapons.

The mission Skirmish gives a personal shield with a high psionic resistance that does wonders against them.

Hyposprays. Lots of them. Most of the stronger devidians have a nasty attack that combines a hold with a health drain, and a lot of their damage ignores shields. Hyposprays break the hold, which also breaks the drain. Fighting a phantasm, that drain can easily leave your entire team at low health and vulnerable to getting wiped out in another.
QFT.

The ghostbuster gun is 'meh'. A pulsewave assault or minigun do just as well. As far as gear, I replayed Skirmish three times in part to get the psi-shield. And make sure your BOff's have hypos too. That will help keep them in the fight longer. And I strongly recommend a dedicated BOff medic for the Devidian (and Breen) missions.

The question is: is a psionic attack covered under "all energy" (meaning, does stuff like Energy Dampening armor partially protect against it)? If so, the psi-shield isn't as much of a must-have. It's still really nice, though.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
QFT.

The ghostbuster gun is 'meh'. A pulsewave assault or minigun do just as well. As far as gear, I replayed Skirmish three times in part to get the psi-shield. And make sure your BOff's have hypos too. That will help keep them in the fight longer. And I strongly recommend a dedicated BOff medic for the Devidian (and Breen) missions.

The question is: is a psionic attack covered under "all energy" (meaning, does stuff like Energy Dampening armor partially protect against it)? If so, the psi-shield isn't as much of a must-have. It's still really nice, though.

Z
Not according to the UI. With Energy Dampening Armour equipped Psionic resistance is still very low (around 2% or so, character has no Psionic traits) but that rises to 33% with the phase shifted shield so it does give a noticeable resistance buff.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
Not according to the UI. With Energy Dampening Armour equipped Psionic resistance is still very low (around 2% or so, character has no Psionic traits) but that rises to 33% with the phase shifted shield so it does give a noticeable resistance buff.
I never noticed that psionic resistance was listed. That's good to know. Thanks.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Devidians are nasty. Their Phantasm guys are hard. Combining alot of HP with strong attacks, they're almost impossible to kill without your away team. I am currently a Lieutenant Commander 16, and I beat "What Lies Beneath" as a Lieutenant Commander 13. I do not recommend you undertake these missions without your away team equip with anything under MkIII or MK IV gear. Be sure to have a nice healing kit equip, it helps alot. I personally favor the Sniper Rifle and Miniguns against devidians. An MKIV Sniper Rifle has a nice standard rate of fire with high damage. Make sure you are ready, because these missions are tough!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-10-2012, 04:26 PM
This will be counter-intuitive, but consider equipping some pistols on yourself and your boffs, especially in Skirmish. Pistols seem to have higher rates of fire, and some of them have secondary DPS that's superior to that of many rifles at the same Mark level. Rates of fire on some rifles are cripplingly slow, especially in the boss battles; I strongly suggest not using any kind of sniper rifle.

Definitely carry hypos and give some to your boffs. And recheck everyone's supply before you get to the boss battles.

If you have an Aenar boff, consider taking them with you. The Project Image power is tremendously useful in drawing aggro away from you and your boffs. I've seen mobs bypass me in order to get to the projected image, even when I was tearing them up with weapons fire.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Zombies are one of my least favorite species of the Galaxy. I must destroy this one and remind you Humans to open a new thread if you need to post on a topic that has not seen the light of day in over 30 days.

Q
Closed Thread