Lt. Commander
There are obviously lots of opinions on this topic, so lets put them into an easy to read poll:

What is a realistic length of time between FE series?

After you vote feel free to share your thoughts.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Voted 1-2 months, really think 1 month is enough time, an uneducated guess since I have no idea how complicated an episode is to make, but considering that foundry authors can pump out 5 star missions on a pretty regular basis it shouldn't be that complicated
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-11-2012, 12:25 PM
As I have stated on other threads one a quarter is the maximum realistic expectation given the size and resources of Cyptic.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Hands down, a new FE should be coming out every 2 months. This is how DStahl envisioned it, and this is how the majority of the STO playerbase wants it to be. If Cryptic wants to keep the game alive, they'll be wise to adopt the 1-2 month FE Standard.

Edit: As a site note, if they can only do 1 per quarter as Will o Mally suggests, then they need to be making official versions of the best foundry missions available with rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willomally View Post
As I have stated on other threads one a quarter is the maximum realistic expectation given the size and resources of Cyptic.
Personally I would be fine with one FE every quarter(aka 4 a year) as long as we get some good repeatable content in between(more types of dailies, better PvP, etc).
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Not gonna happen...

I agree with all people here (i belive), but not with the current direction the game is taking.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Personally I would be fine with one FE every quarter(aka 4 a year) as long as we get some good repeatable content in between(more types of dailies, better PvP, etc).
I could happily sign up to that. The question is... do Cryptic have the resources to deliver? From the sounds of things "not at the moment" So here's hoping they get those resources quick...
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
but not with the current direction the game is taking.
Agreed with this, hope the direction of the game changes course soon, I don't know how long the game will last on just 2 (maybe 3) FE series a year, that announcement has given me a pessimistic view of things to come
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Edit: Ok, let me rephrase what I said. I, too, want this game to succeed, so I hope the whole STO community contributes to this discussion as it is a very important one.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
Bump because this is an important issue that all STO forum users need to discuss and see.
Perhaps, but we also dont want it locked. So please dont bump something thats still on the first page =P