Lt. Commander
# 11
01-11-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughnn
Are you as crazy as your avatar looks?
That's actually Roach's *spokesman* in the picture. He's WAY better with the public than the real Roach is.

His previous gig was with Capital One credit cards.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
your vessel cant have much skewing of certain numbers, the bonuses granted per skill point are the numbers to look at, their effect on your ship are the numbers not to look at. but the bonus in power to a system for example with engnie performance with 6 points as opposed to 9, will be accurate.

did you put the points in and check your stats in real time? or did u have to do this on tribble

also

thats gotta be a bug, putting points in the spec skill says it gives you a higher crit chance and crit severity, but not based on that.
All done on tribble thanks to 10cpoint respects and I ignored those power levels boosted inherently by the ship class (BoP +15 weapons), equipped the vessel with only white mk10 shields, engines and deflectors, had no other consoles on it at all (left them empty).
I would respec to test only a few skills at a time first at 0, then 3 , then 6 and 9 points, gauging the difference in each using the what info the UI's would show me.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-11-2012, 09:29 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Great work, Roach. I added some formatting with lists to my quote for improved readability.

Thanks. I hope I didn;t miss any thing in the swaping out for your much cleaner formatting.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-11-2012, 05:19 PM
This needs to be stickied.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostamojen View Post
This needs to be stickied.
/+1 for Sticky.

Roach, my old yellow-haired friend, this is AMAZING!

I only wish I saw it before I skilled all my toons. I may have to go respec a couple.

Thank you for this effort!

Edit: I have questions: Are the Power skills cumulative? So if I put 9 into Warp Core Potential and Weapon performance I get a flat +16 to all power levels?

And am I reading the Warp Core Efficiency correctly? At a setting of 70, 9 in the skill also grants +6? Is this cumulative with the above?
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-13-2012, 07:19 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari

I have questions: Are the Power skills cumulative? So if I put 9 into Warp Core Potential and Weapon performance I get a flat +16 to all power levels?
I hope so, though after I tested this on Tribble I noticed on Holodeck that Warp Core Potential was not reading as part of Power Level boosts, as I was down -5 points across the board with a WCP of 9.
I did not notice that I was recieving a +16, +11 and +6 respectively/ correctly for having WCE ranked at 9.

So iether WCP is not registering or there is Diminutive returns for having WCE and WCP skilled.
All Performance Skills (Weapons, Shields, Engines, Auxillary) where functioning normally though.

Quote:
And am I reading the Warp Core Efficiency correctly? At a setting of 70, 9 in the skill also grants +6? Is this cumulative with the above?
Not at this time that I can tell. It appears WCP does not work properly.
Math would say that if I had WCE at rank 9, had WCP at rank 9, Shield Profficiency at rank 9 and ran my Shield Power level at 70 points - I should see a gain of +6 (WCE) + 5 (WCP) + 11 (SP) for a total of +22 to bring the final Power Level to 92 points. Not counting any bonuses for sets and equipment.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Targeting Systems works?!?! *runs off to respec*

+ 1 on the sticky idea!
Lt. Commander
# 18 ?;{>
01-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Great post Roach.
Keep up the good work!
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Thanks for this breakdown it is really helpful!
Lt. Commander
# 20 Stupid question time
01-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Is this primarily for a pvp build?
would this be viable on a fed star cruiser?

I'm a returning player with a RALH(44) tac officer in a cruiser looking for advice from some active players. I'm not sure I want to focus on pvp endgame but would like to survive for more than 10 seconds lol and thanks in advance.