Lt. Commander
# 11
01-11-2012, 05:01 PM
I've seen folks rocking out the Nova and been thinking about it myself next time there's a big ship sale.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Neat Concept Nagus. I was just thinking the other day that the Exeter looks pretty sweet when I put a new lowbie of mine into it.

Perhaps when I'm bored I'll try it at T5 as you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
...Anyway, this is the outfit I've got my crew running around in. Feelin pretty snazzy
And they look pretty snazzy, which is important. What color (number/letter) is that Science guy got? I like that...
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
And they look pretty snazzy, which is important. What color (number/letter) is that Science guy got? I like that...
Good question. Let me see

Ok there are 4 colors on that shirt, and from left to right they are: G12, G11, G12, I2. The pants are I4 by comparison and the boots are also I2.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Sadly I think I will have no other choice but do something similar on my Commander level alts with their free tier 3 ships(silvers get no token for T4 ships, right?).
Those refined dilithium prices for tier 4/5 ships are Utopian!
That is if you start out as silver and canīt/donīt want to grind D-Ore constantly.

The level progression has become too ridiculously fast anyway to waste precious refined D on almost instantly obsolete T4 ships.

Interesting idea Cryptic, to make players use T3 ships for "longer". Or rather until they hit uninstall.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-11-2012, 06:57 PM
I might be wrong, but ths is the first time I have ever seen the Grand Nagus quite...over happy???
:p:p

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
At least for PvE. I picked up the Exeter class and I'm currently playing with it on my VA, decked out with top end gear and I'm running missions that scale to my level on advanced difficulty. Its not easy, but it sure is fun. I just fought a Dom battleship and the fight must have taken 10 minutes, but it was intense

Anybody else doing something like this?
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-11-2012, 07:02 PM
I am loving that uniform combo, I have been looking for something for my Starfleet engineer's crew that doesn't feel so done. What are the color combos on the red and yellow jackets you have there?
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-11-2012, 07:04 PM
We just did a Cure space run with 2 shuttles (Tal'Kyr and Chariot) and 3 T1 ships (2 connies and NX). It took a while and we almost failed at one point but in the end we managed to pull through.

Note to self: Tal'Kyr sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueWarper
I might be wrong, but ths is the first time I have ever seen the Grand Nagus quite...over happy???
:p:p
He's always happy. It's just that it's hard to tell from a Ferengi.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivarST
Sadly I think I will have no other choice but do something similar on my Commander level alts with their free tier 3 ships(silvers get no token for T4 ships, right?).
Those refined dilithium prices for tier 4/5 ships are Utopian!
That is if you start out as silver and canīt/donīt want to grind D-Ore constantly.

The level progression has become too ridiculously fast anyway to waste precious refined D on almost instantly obsolete T4 ships.

Interesting idea Cryptic, to make players use T3 ships for "longer". Or rather until they hit uninstall.
I think the point there is to hit free players up for money or make them slow down.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-11-2012, 07:18 PM
I put a full borg kit on the TOS Enterprise with purple throughout, disabled visuals and then surprised the hell out of noobs in the Klink encounters. Enabling the visuals makes the ship look like it's been cobbled together by Mad Max LOL.

Also took the D'Kyr support ship with full borg kit into a borg encounter in Gamma, LOL, lasted about 5 seconds but was a laugh. There are some really great ways to mess about with the ships and it adds an interesting diversion, you could have fleet PvP where everyone has to be in a T1 ship but you can put what you like on it, full MACO perhaps?

I bought the Exeter for my lowest toon, i love it, it looks truly beautiful and I will be sad to part with it, hell I may also go to VA in it, would be more of a challenge.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I think the point there is to hit free players up for money or make them slow down.
Uh, it's obviously both