Lt. Commander
# 1 The NEXT BIG MMO
01-12-2012, 01:29 AM
Hey gang, just want to have everyone's input on what they think will be the NEXT big thing in MMO history or for that matter the NEXT BIG MMO.

Note: Lets lay aside any talk of STO, WOW, RIFT, and TOR <-- Those MMO's already have tons of threads about their PRO's & CON's - (ONLY Exception - You can refer to their gameplay mechanics)

For Example: I like an MMO with the character customization of STO, the space combat system of STO, while incorporating the voice over features of TOR and a game interface of WOW, with lastly the lore of RIFT.

This thread is unique in that I would like to see what everyone wants in a MMO and on what subject or genre : So for a good ground rule lets begin with:

A) What will the next big MMO be based off? Movie, book, retro video game etc...

B) What Theme, subject, or setting you think the next BIG MMO will envelop?

C) What would you like to see implemented in an upcoming MMO or what is your IDEAL MMO?

If you have links or sites that refer to Next Gen MMO's or projects, please share with us.

I believe poster Grand Nagus gave out a link regarding a possible Transformers MMO, that one seem very interesting. Though Hasbro is behind the project so I am kinda of a bit concern about that.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2012, 01:35 AM
I was about to suggest Hello Kitten, but disqualified that one, as it already has a MMO...

Fallout Online was killed due to Interplay giving up their rights to produce new Fallout titles (Bethesta might end up making one though).

However, with the way things are right now, I don't see any huge titles coming up anytime soon...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2012, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Fallout Online was killed due to Interplay giving up their rights to produce new Fallout titles (Bethesta might end up making one though).
Interesting you should mentioned Fallout, I love the game and it has a strong premise. It can be viewed a bit on the side of Borderlands if it were to be realized as a MMO.

Though as far as Bethesta, they are a talented studio but are very well known for many bugs. So if I would think about a Fallout MMO, I would probably be concern about bugs and exploits. Though that is always been the issue with any MMO, just more so if it came from Bethesta.

But man I would love it, a Fallout MMO. That would be HUGE.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2012, 02:34 AM
A Fallout MMO would be excellent. Either that, or Elder Scrolls Online.

The one MMO that is coming out in 2012 that I am rather looking forward to is The Secret World. It looks like they are actually doing something different., instead of sticking to the WoW success formula.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2012, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
Interesting you should mentioned Fallout, I love the game and it has a strong premise. It can be viewed a bit on the side of Borderlands if it were to be realized as a MMO.

Though as far as Bethesta, they are a talented studio but are very well known for many bugs. So if I would think about a Fallout MMO, I would probably be concern about bugs and exploits. Though that is always been the issue with any MMO, just more so if it came from Bethesta.

But man I would love it, a Fallout MMO. That would be HUGE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort1980 View Post
A Fallout MMO would be excellent. Either that, or Elder Scrolls Online.

The one MMO that is coming out in 2012 that I am rather looking forward to is The Secret World. It looks like they are actually doing something different., instead of sticking to the WoW success formula.
You guys do know that Interplay untill very recently were developing Fallout Online, right?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2012, 02:52 AM
I for one am looking foreward to Planetside 2. MMOFPS on a grand scale (hundreds of people in battle at once)

I'm also saddened that the Stargate MMO bit the dust. That would have been the first mmo I'd be willing to sub. (I got the lifetime for STO and wouldn't have played it otherwise)
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2012, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
You guys do know that Interplay untill very recently were developing Fallout Online, right?
Yeah, but there have been licensing issues between them and Bethseda which means Fallout Online may well never take off.

It even had a website, although I can't find it now.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-12-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort1980 View Post
Yeah, but there have been licensing issues between them and Bethseda which means Fallout Online may well never take off.

It even had a website, although I can't find it now.
Thats because the reached a settlement with Bethesda, agreeing to stop selling Fallout games in Dec 2013, while not developing new games in the fallout series (wich includes a fallout MMO), at wich point bethesda is granted full control over the franchise:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6348356...s&subj=6348356
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-12-2012, 03:40 AM
Depending how well Hasbro and Jagex do it, Transformers Universe.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-12-2012, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
Depending how well Hasbro and Jagex do it, Transformers Universe.
Oh... cool... Yea, I could see this happen...

I want a char that transforms into a pony tank