Lt. Commander
# 11
01-12-2012, 04:10 AM
Ok I just spent the last hour looking at secret war....looks good.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-12-2012, 05:04 AM
I'm still broken up that Seed went poof before it had a chance to get started.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-12-2012, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertwin View Post
Ok I just spent the last hour looking at secret war....looks good.
That it does

It is a Funcom game, which brings with all kinds of negativity, but I think Secret War looks interesting. It is not just another WoW-clone, and it sounds like the developers have actually put some thought into planning it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-12-2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Oh... cool... Yea, I could see this happen...

I want a char that transforms into a pony tank
I'm just hoping that it isn't going to be based of that garbage on CN or the Hub. If I wanted to learn life lessons and know what not to do with my life I'd watch Jersey Shore.

Decepticons Forever!!!

But lets hope it's not based off of BW or Michael Bays joke either.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-12-2012, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally_of_the_Force View Post
I'm just hoping that it isn't going to be based of that garbage on CN or the Hub. If I wanted to learn life lessons and know what not to do with my life I'd watch Jersey Shore.

Decepticons Forever!!!

But lets hope it's not based off of BW or Michael Bays joke either.
Last I heard, the designs were going to be based on the Prime characters; although rumor is they will include designs from ALL the Transformers contiunities (i.e., Sky-Byte might make an appearance). Other than that, little else has been revealed.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort1980 View Post
That it does

It is a Funcom game, which brings with all kinds of negativity, but I think Secret War looks interesting. It is not just another WoW-clone, and it sounds like the developers have actually put some thought into planning it.
Yep every MMO is a "WoW-clone" just because devs decide put a quest marker above NPCs heads .

People who use the "wow-clone" phrase must be ignorant to the development of RPGS in the last 20 years or so when you consider the likes of Neverwinter Nights, KOTOR, Everquest all pre-date Blizzards game.

I'm sure if the The Secret World has quest marks above NPC's heads it will be another "WoW-clone".

If people ever wonder why Blizzards game is hated it's because the players constant reference to every MMO being a "WoW-clone" as if the game invented MMOs and single-handily changed the genre by putting question marks above NPCs.

Nothing is more untrue than other games being a copy of Blizzards cash cow.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertwin View Post
I for one am looking foreward to Planetside 2. MMOFPS on a grand scale (hundreds of people in battle at once)

I'm also saddened that the Stargate MMO bit the dust. That would have been the first mmo I'd be willing to sub. (I got the lifetime for STO and wouldn't have played it otherwise)
PLANETSIDE 2 FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR THE NEW CONGLOMERATE!
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Guild Wars 2

End of thread
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Id like a mass effect mmo, that could be pretty big. that universe has a lot of potential and is widely known through the single player games. but instead of making 8 stories like tor just have a smaller number and make the quality of the stories better.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-12-2012, 02:18 PM
A first person Command and Conquer. You can play as either side and your missions are combat missions. You start out as a trainee and work your way up to General where you can command a large unit. So it would be a mix of the RTS and RPG genres.