Lt. Commander
# 1 Aid Planet
01-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Can you not change it so Aid Planet missions give diff doff XP. I find that the Science XP is the hardest to rank up.

For example giving medical aid to a planet gives you Medical XP?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Hmm... Not a bad idea for Aid the Planet (AtP) Missions to give Medical (when giving Medical Supplies or Antigens) or Development (Entertainment Units) or Engineering (Stem Bolts)... Certainly Trade could fit in on any commodity transaction. While I feel your pain on Science ranking, I'm not sure which commodity would thematically fit, Communication Arrays, maybe? >shrug<

It could be argued that only Diplomacy (or Trade) CXP should be granted, as most AtP read that you and your crew aren't actually doing any work, you're only providing the supplies the planet needs to handle their "issue" by themselves.

I would not want Diplomacy taken away from AtP missions. I think it's important to continue giving Diplo. I have no objection to (in fact, I encourage!) split-CXP, where AtPs give a Diplo and other.

I strongly suggest/support that AtP (and other legacy Diplo missions) be given a serious CXP bump. It might sound insane, but I'm talking on order of 500-700 CXP! Think about it:
Legacy missions CXP rewards were setup when Diplo was capped at 1,360. Now it's over 70 times that, with T4 being 100k. AtP grant only 10 CXP. 10x70=700. Simple, right?

Consider further DOff assignments already exist that award 500-600 CXP or more (not including crit rewards). Granted, most of these are high risk and/or high duration. But assignments are scaled so that the shorter duration ones are CXP efficient, because they requires more player time to keep them going. Legacy Diplo missions are all player interation.

DOff assigments that require resources tend to payout more. AtPs require commodites ranging in value from 1,000-36,000 EC. DOff assignments that reward physical items tend to payout less. AtP Missions used to give a "Offering of Gratitude", but that was removed at Season 5 launch (no official reason given, I might add).

To rebute myself, I would conceed it might be desirable to "slow down" Diplo progress to match other commendations. Likewise the "all player interaction" on an AtP can be less than 5 minutes, I might spend more time searching for the "just perfect" DOffs for a Support Colonization assignment. So maybe 700 is too much for an AtP. But the Legacy Diplo missions at Memory Alpha, Vulcan, K7, Bajor, First Contact Missions, etc - These can take 15-30mins for the same 10-20 CXP.

As a fair compromise I'd say short Legacy Diplos (most of them, incluiding AtP) should award CXP in the 100-200 range. While the longer missions (First Contacts, Vulcan, K7, and Bajor missions) 300-500 CXP.
In conclusion, let me apologize for carrying on so long. I really didn't intend to do so. Heh. I know increasing the CXP payout has been brought up before, and as I recall, Dev response was in the "when we find time" category. So I expect it's somewhere on their To Do List, though probably forgotten by more interesting things. :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-11-2012, 02:38 AM
Aid the planet mission should give as a reward a random "alien" refugee or colonist doff (no better than green quality) as a kind of cultural exchange mechanic. That would make for a great reward.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-11-2012, 04:35 AM
A green colonist would really be a cute reward, as there are usually just white ones, they really could help getting your First-In colonies to a bigger suxxess chance.
Lt. Commander
# 5 I can dig it..
01-11-2012, 05:34 AM
I like where this thread is going.....I must hear more.......these are some great ideas....DEVS TAKE NOTICE!

I too think there should be an alternative based on what type of Aid the planet you get to be aid specific....even create other aid the planet misshes that dont require beaming down supplies, but rather actually going down to help a colony....could replace the scan the carnivourous pillers....I mean plants....or supplement them in nature .....but still be an aid the planet mission due to the fact that your aiding the planet?

As far as Doff rewards are considered of course.....but then this could kill 2 birds with one stone in a way.

Does that make sense? Now Im crosseyed......
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marika.shran View Post
A green colonist would really be a cute reward, as there are usually just white ones, they really could help getting your First-In colonies to a bigger suxxess chance.
Green, Blue... PURPLE!

/Signed +1