Lt. Commander
# 1 Space powers not Cooling Down
01-12-2012, 02:40 PM
I've noticed that space powers aren't cooling down like they have in the past. I ran some STF's yesterday while hanging out at ds9. I noticed that after spending some time on ds9 selling junk, etc, when my team queued up for another STF, when we popped in my powers were still on cooldown (eg. the borg tractor beam, miracle worker, etc.)

I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case before hand, and while it didn't break anything, it could have. I know a lot of people play the STF's from ground social zones. I think this should be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Is it possible that with the new STF queue, you can simply get into another STF so fast that your powers are still on cooldown, or did you think it works where if you go on ground, your space powers are instantly recharged?

I have noticed this too but thought it was just that since I can quickly and efficiently find a new STF instance, my powers don't get a chance to fully cool down before starting another session. I was always under the impression that cooldowns kept counting down in real time even when you were on the ground. Take transwarps for instance, if the transwarp cooldown instantly recharged once you beamed down to ESD, there'd be nothing stopping you from being able to immediately transwarp all over the galaxy at will- in a sense it would totally defeat the purpose of the cooldown.

The transwarp cooldown is a good example since it's one of the few that's long enough to really persist between consecutive space sessions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2012, 03:18 PM
I don't know if this is still the case, but some cooldowns only cooled down when you were actually in space - they didn't go while you were on the ground, or even while you were logged out! So you could spend days not even in game, come back and find something still cooling down. I don't think that's the case anymore, but it shows that there are some oddities in cooldowns...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2012, 04:46 PM
No - this is definitely broken. Just tested it: Start outside ESD. Activate a space power (I used eptW and AP Beta). Beam down to the Academy. Goof off for a little bit. Beam up. Powers are still on a cool down.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdevnull View Post
No - this is definitely broken. Just tested it: Start outside ESD. Activate a space power (I used eptW and AP Beta). Beam down to the Academy. Goof off for a little bit. Beam up. Powers are still on a cool down.
Yes, that's what they are ttrying to tell you (and it's been this way since beta) -Space powers only cool down when you are on a space map. When you beam to a ground map, the space powers 'freeze' until you're back on the space map - then continue to cool down.

[And I agree it's not somthing I partricularly care for, but it's the way it's worked since the original 2009 beta.)