Lt. Commander
# 1 Caitian Pounce Animation Tweak
01-08-2012, 06:31 PM
While I am on the subject of little tweaks to make the game better the Pounce Animation for us Caitians is a bit... eh. It looks like you run up and sort of swipe at the target. Couldn't we get more of a run up and leap onto the target knocking them down sort of animation? It is called Pounce not Haymaker.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-08-2012, 06:39 PM
My main would appreciate this very much. Some sort of feline all-fours screaming carnivore animation, barrelling into the target's chest and knocking them square on their butt. And turn up the roaring sound effect on it, please.

This is big humanoid apex predators going all bloodthirsty on their melee opponents, not effing pro wrestling.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-08-2012, 06:43 PM
The Caitian "Pounce" Should be more like the attack of the Ravagers on the KDF missions, it's far more a pounce then Lunge 3 with a slightly higher damage, it really is a pitiful skill in it's present form and I remember voicing this when the Caitians came out...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
The Caitian "Pounce" Should be more like the attack of the Ravagers on the KDF missions, it's far more a pounce then Lunge 3 with a slightly higher damage, it really is a pitiful skill in it's present form and I remember voicing this when the Caitians came out...
Oooh! You are right the Ravagers DO pounce on targets. Thanks, that is a nice call. Yes, please steal their animation for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
My main would appreciate this very much. Some sort of feline all-fours screaming carnivore animation, barrelling into the target's chest and knocking them square on their butt. And turn up the roaring sound effect on it, please.

This is big humanoid apex predators going all bloodthirsty on their melee opponents, not effing pro wrestling.
There is a roar sound?... Wow... That sucks... I have not heard that once.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
There is a roar sound?... Wow... That sucks... I have not heard that once.
I am hearing-impaired (among my many health issues), and at least when Caitian boffs were rolled out to the C-Store, my wife *swore* that she could hear a leonine roaring sound whenever a Caitian on screen pounced (so long as the speakers were turned up). I've heard it faintly a handful of times, and some of my fleetmates reported hearing it, too, once I told them about it.

I do not know if the roar is still there, but IMO it *should* be. Along with a really boss animation, too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Quote:
I am hearing-impaired (among my many health issues), and at least when Caitian boffs were rolled out to the C-Store, my wife *swore* that she could hear a leonine roaring sound whenever a Caitian on screen pounced (so long as the speakers were turned up). I've heard it faintly a handful of times, and some of my fleetmates reported hearing it, too, once I told them about it.

I do not know if the roar is still there, but IMO it *should* be. Along with a really boss animation, too.
Wow... I can baaaaaaaaaaarely hear it... It is VERY VERY faint... But I think your wife is right.

I use it here to close in on my second target: M'rrari Vs. the Borg with a Pounce.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Wow... I can baaaaaaaaaaarely hear it... It is VERY VERY faint... But I think your wife is right.
It really needs to be turned up, don't you think?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:

I use it here to close in on my second target: M'rrari Vs. the Borg with a Pounce.
Cant hear it but it might be because the music is up.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:
It really needs to be turned up, don't you think?
Yes, it really needs to be turned up a notch or two. I am certain I can hear it but it is veeeery faint.