Lt. Commander
# 1 Question about BO messages
01-11-2012, 10:22 AM
There are many times in the game when a message pops up from one of your Bridge Officers, such as when you approach a sector boundary, or when you want to beam up to your ship. How does the game determine which Bridge Officer to display?

I've tinkered a bit with this, and it appears to have some relation to the officers you have assigned to bridge slots. However, it also appears to vary from ship to ship, so I have no idea how this actually works. Does anyone out there know what the "rules" are?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-11-2012, 10:34 AM
The messages will all come from assigned BOFFs. My experience is that the BOFF message will come from whatever department is necessary for the situation. Thus if you're going into a potential tactical situation your highest ranking Tac BOFF will give you the message. If it's expected to be scientific then the Science BOFF will do the honors, and so on. Ramming a sector wall is an ops issue and the Engineering BOFF will pop up.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Not for me
01-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Ramming a sector wall is an ops issue and the Engineering BOFF will pop up.
On my main Fed crew, I get sector wall alerts from a Tactical officer; on my main Klingon crew, I get sector wall alerts from an Engineering officer. That's what got me wondering about all of this to begin with.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2012, 03:57 PM
I wish they'd use the DOFF department head assignments instead. I posted this suggestion today in another thread.