Lt. Commander
So I checked the new STO website on Internet Explorer (the derp common denominator) and it looks fine... But in Chrome, we get this.

...Anyone else noticed problems?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Simple fix hit refresh.

If that fails do a forced refresh Ctrl + F5 which i think works in chrome as it does in I.E and FF.

Problem is that your browser still has the old files from the old site stored in the cache you see. Refreshing fixes it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2012, 04:09 PM
CTRL + F5 for the win.. i cant believe how many threads there are on this...

Get some skills people!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno-P View Post

Get some skills people!
Control + F5 forces a web browser to do a cache refresh which I guess allow our browser to correctly download and display the new web page. It seems to have worked for me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Chrome is for 7 year olds and Grandparents anyway.

Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno-P View Post

Get some skills people!
That is a completely unreasonable statement. When you go to a website, you do not think, "hmm, this site appears broken...perhaps I should refresh it." If anything, the number of threads should make it just how clearly stupid (sorry, can't think of a better word) it was for Cryptic to release a new website with the same names as cached components. It is a rookie mistake!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2012, 05:43 PM
I did hit Control-F5. Come on people, I'm not an idiot. It's still exactly the same as it is in that screenshot.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
I did hit Control-F5. Come on people, I'm not an idiot. It's still exactly the same as it is in that screenshot.
Try SHIFT+REFRESH (hold down the SHIFT key and press the refresh button). If that doesn't work, then you need to purge your cache. What browser are you using? Chrome? I'm not sure if you're the OP or not.

EDIT:

Nevermind. Anyway, if that doesn't work, go to:

chrome://settings/advanced

And click on "Clear Browsing Data."

If the link above doesn't work or the forum mangles it or whatever, click on the Tools button and go to Options and then "Under the Hood" to get to the button that says "Clear Browsing Data."
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Anytime that you have a website showing up with corrupted or misplaced images and text, emptying your cookies and cache, then restarting the browser usually helps.

CTRL+F5 works on most browsers but not all, and sometimes won't work fully on some Flash/HTML5/PHP/CSS heavy web pages.

When new pages are released, sometimes your antivirus will decide to block part or all of a page too. Be sure to add the domains to your antivirus exception list for the web sites that you use that you know are ok.

Also, if you are using an ad blocking program or plugin, you may have to disable those and refresh the pages that are giving you problems.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-12-2012, 07:16 PM
I had the same thing happen in firefox and chrome seems like if you have been to the site before you get the glitch. the ctrl f5 worked... but not nice for returning players... just sayin